Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Broadcasting Pre Recorded Sets (4HRS)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

How do you record & broadcast sets ..what's the steps involved
Also, what about music licensing issues or copyright infringement. Is this even possible?

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 12:55 pm
Record is pretty much "click rec and go" ..
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/record/index.html

As for copyrights, depends on where you are, what songs and where you share.
But generally speaking its the platform you share to that takes care of music rights for user on the plaform and pays for it. Popular hosting platforms are SoundCloud, MixCloud etc..

If its pre-recorded or not, doesnt really have any impact. Thats up to you.

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 2:12 pm
Broadcast is much the same, but need to enter credentials of the place you broadcast to (server, password etc)

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/broadcast/index.html

As for copyrights, same as above apply.. That depends on location and platform.
Popular platforms where there rarely are any issues are MixCloud Live, PlayDJ Tv, Bandlab, etc.
As well as Youtube, Twitter, Facebook. But where the social media sites might mute some part of the mix in some locations in the world (often godforsaken islands far away that they dont have rights for, yet.)

And helps to play club remixes, mix songs, and avoid recent top 40..
If out of luck with your type of songs and location, use MixCloud, PlayDJ tv etc instead

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 2:16 pm
Thanks ..I greatly appreciate the input. This is what I want to try and accomplish
I've been a DJ for well over 40 years (Mobile & Radio) on & off on the radio part
I want to pre record 4hr shows with my own produced drops & sweeps.. with the music being presented just like a regular radio show not necessarily doing in mixing. I want my many friends & listeners I've had over the years to be able to access and listen to these "shows" over the net. Can this even be accomplished? what do you suggest? also using an outside recording source, external mixer...ect

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 2:57 pm
You can play a pre-recorded mix in VirtualDJ yes, and broadcast it as such ..

And for non-broadcast, the pre-recorded mix is already a mix, so can be uploaded to popular hosting platforms..

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 3:26 pm
Wow.. you've been amazing I've already pre recorded several shows so I could load them on VDJ and broadcast..would I also need to re-instate my pro license? and provide the link to the broadcast to my friends..via socila/email ect

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 3:44 pm
user8673303 wrote :
Wow.. you've been amazing I've already pre recorded several shows so I could load them on VDJ and broadcast..would I also need to re-instate my pro license? and provide the link to the broadcast to my friends..via socila/email ect

Depends on where you intend to broadcast to.
If its a webradio (probably not by what you say) then you need a pro license.

For social media, and direct to friends broadcast, its not strictly required to have license.
But if you have any DJ gear or advanced audio you might as well get a license ;-) needed for controllers etc

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 3:47 pm
I've had the VDJ Pro license before..recently so that could get re -instated if it has indeed expired (monthly) the other thing is if the recordings were provided over social media, i.e. facebook youtube, wouldn't the music get potentially flagged & perhaps taken down? or could you just create a premium mixcloud account and post the recordings there for listeners to access?

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 4:33 pm
Posting on Facebook, youtube etc have the potential of getting flagged yes.
Less so Youtube, that seems to have a quite a good rights management and simply just lists all songs automatically in the video info section as well as slap ads at start to pay for the rights.
You can not earn ad income on such uploaded for that reason.

Alternatively SoundCloud, MixCloud etc. And if its an mp3 (not a video) then uploading there might make more sense.

But just give it a try and test out what works best for you.

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 4:36 pm
I can't thank you enough. you have been most kind & patient answering my questions. think I'm gonna try mixcloud and go from there. I do know where to come if I face any more issues...Thanks a million!

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 4:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)