Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mic_talkover scripting

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Possibly a dumb question......

But is there anyway of scripting mic_talkover so that the microphone is left on once mic_talkover is disengaged.

Basically I want to script a pad so that if the mic is already on when mic_talkover is engaged it remains on it is disengaged, but if the mic was initially off, then it gets turned on and off as usual with the use of this ducking feature.....

Any ideas?

geposted Thu 18 Mar 21 @ 9:37 am
Try this:
mic_talkover off ? mic_talkover : mic_talkover on ? mic_talkover & repeat_start 'micon' 450ms 1 & mic on

geposted Thu 18 Mar 21 @ 9:43 am
Thanks Phantom.

That didn't work and I've been fiddling around a bit. I don't think it is going to be possible as it looks to me as though there is no way of distinguishing once mic_talkover is engaged whether the starting condition was with the mic on or off.....

Therefore turning mic_talkover off whether that is in the form of a second Mic_talkover or part of using Mic_talkover while_pressed .... will always produce the same end result with either the mic off (the default) or on using something like your suggested mic_talkover & repeat_start 'micon' 450ms 1 & mic on

Ho hum :-)

geposted Thu 18 Mar 21 @ 3:42 pm
mic_talkover turns on and off the mic.. . all by its own.

Many ways to achieve what you wanted, although not entirely sure why you'd want to leave the mic on after a talk over.. . But one way would just be to make a "talk over like" logic in the script, aka duck the volume and set a variable to initial mic status (on or off) and set mic to initial status after the talk over

Can for example try:
down ? on  & set 'micStatus' `mic`  & deck all level 0.6 & mic on : off & get_var 'micStatus' & param_cast & mic  & deck all level 1

geposted Thu 18 Mar 21 @ 4:40 pm
Thanks Rune....

geposted Thu 18 Mar 21 @ 5:52 pm
Ok cracked it. In case anyone is interested :-) .....

To initiate a talkover (one push on, one push off) with the mic remaining in its starting condition (i.e. on/off) when talkover removed:
mic off ? mic_talkover & set 'mic talk1' 1 : var 'mic talk1' 1 ? mic_talkover & set 'mic talk1' 0 : mic_talkover & repeat_start 'micon' 500ms 1 & mic on

And to achieve the same with ducking only 'while_pressed':
mic off ? down ? mic_talkover & set 'mic talk2' 1 : nothing : down ? mic_talkover : var 'mic talk2' 1 ? mic_talkover & set 'mic talk2' 0 : mic_talkover & repeat_start 'micon' 500ms 1 & mic on

geposted Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 9:35 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The Vdj script of Virtualdj offer infinite solutions.
To get the mic with auto talkover :

mic on with autotalkover---> repeat_start_instant 'talkover' 50ms & mic on & get_vu_meter 'mic' & param_bigger 0.3 ? mic_talkover ON : mic_talkover off

mic off--->repeat_stop 'talkover' & mic_talkover off & mic off

or

holding ? repeat_stop 'talkover' & mic_talkover off & mic off : repeat_start_instant 'talkover' 50ms & mic on & get_vu_meter 'mic' & param_bigger 0.3 ? mic_talkover ON : mic_talkover off

fast press of the button to turn on, long press to turn off

geposted Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 12:16 am
Yes Moramax, almost anything that one may want to do, there is a way of making it happen.... and usually several ways!
Isn't it fab :-)

geposted Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 9:53 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)