Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: NS6ii missing buttons in mapping

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Firstly, this is NOT a topic of "how to map". I know the fundamentals of trying to reassign buttons.

What it IS is a question of how to add to the buttons that do not appear on the list of buttons. Let me explain:
I have had a NSG for 8 years. (yes...8 years!) and it has been mapped to my liking. The individual A/B FX buttons that run across the top of the mixing channels have been set to play my drops instead of FX. I currently have 7 Drops I use so they would go 1-7 on the buttons left to right.

The mapping line for those buttons on the NS6 are FX_assign_3A sampler_stop 3; sampler_pad 3 (then 3b, 1a, 1b, all the way to 4b) The FX_assign #a/b key is in the list.

On the NS6ii mapping the same buttons only have a FX_assign_L and FX_assign_R. So I have been able to change those two, but it just makes all of the "a" buttons in the row do the same and all of the "b" buttons in the row do the same. Just cloning the same button 4 times, which obviously is NOT what I am trying to do...and yes I am aware that there are SHIFT options for those two buttons but that only still gives me options for 4 of the drops when in essence I should have control of 16 if I was speaking on full capacity.

So in short, my question is how do I get the key specificity of:
FX_assign_3a
FX_assign_3b
FX_assign_1a
FX_assign_1b
FX_assign_2a
FX_assign_2b
FX_assign_4a
FX_assign_4b
FX_assign_3a (and their shift counterparts)
...into the Mapping for the NS6ii?

Thank you in advance for your help.

geposted Fri 19 Mar 21 @ 1:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Use action_deck x to query the deck/side the key comes.

FX_ASSIGN_L :
action_deck 1 ? [action when the deck 1 button is pressed] : action_deck 2 ? [action when the deck 2 button is pressed] : action_deck 3 ? [action when the deck 3 button is pressed] : [action when the deck 4 button is pressed]

E.g.
action_deck 1 ? sampler_pad 1 : action_deck 2 ? sampler_pad 3 : action_deck 3 ? sampler_pad 1 : sampler_pad 4

geposted Fri 19 Mar 21 @ 1:16 pm
djdad wrote :
Use action_deck x to query the deck/side the key comes.

FX_ASSIGN_L :
action_deck 1 ? [action when the deck 1 button is pressed] : action_deck 2 ? [action when the deck 2 button is pressed] : action_deck 3 ? [action when the deck 3 button is pressed] : [action when the deck 4 button is pressed]

E.g.
action_deck 1 ? sampler_pad 1 : action_deck 2 ? sampler_pad 3 : action_deck 3 ? sampler_pad 1 : sampler_pad 4

Thank you for replying, but with respect I have a question. Wont this configuration make the button functionality contigent on which deck is active? What I mean if I have deck 1 and 2 active, won't that line not allow me to use the FX buttons that are over 3 and 4...or am I reading it wrong?

For reference, the NS6 buttons worked all the time the same way regardless of the decks that were active.

Thanks again!

geposted Fri 19 Mar 21 @ 1:37 pm
No, action_deck 1 ? this : action_deck 2 ? that : ...
is checking from which deck (from your controller) the button was pressed.
Then you can assign any action (to any deck)

So, to make it simple:

A button like "PLAY" is defined 4 times internally, but you see it on mapper only once because the action is the same for all decks, and the deck that the action was called from passes to the action.
You press PLAY on deck 1, and VirtualDJ reads: on deck 1 execute the action from the mapper (eg play_pause)
If you want to brake that button to have 4 individual actions, then you query which deck triggered the action, and you let VirtualDJ know what to do:

action_deck 1 ? play_pause : action_deck 2 ? cue_stop : action_deck 3 ? sync : action_deck 4 ? loop

On this extreme example, the cue button will behave differently on each deck. On deck 1 it will always be play_pause, on deck 2 it will always be cue_stop e.t.c.

Now, if for any reason you want to control ANOTHER deck from the one the action was called you can use:

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 play_pause : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 play_pause : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 play_pause : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 play_pause

With this extreme example we "inverted" the actions of deck 1/3 and 2/4
So when you press PLAY on deck 1 hardware layer, software deck 3 starts/stops

I hope it's clear now! :)

geposted Fri 19 Mar 21 @ 1:57 pm
Never mind. lol I had to play with it. But thank you again!

geposted Fri 19 Mar 21 @ 2:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)