Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Stems Bleed script
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Im trying to have my skin default startup stems_bleed settings change VocalOnly settings to 30% now it defaults to 0%, I tried to use "ONSONGLOAD stems_bleed OnlyVocal 30%", It did not work.
also I cannot get this script to work.
deck left play ? stems_bleed Vocal 75% & deck left only_stem Vocal & only_stem Bass & only_stem Hihat & onlu_stem Kick : stems_bleed Vocal 75% & deck right only_stem Vocal & only_stem Bass & only_stem Hihat & only_stem Kick

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 12:09 pm
why you want to change on skin start up?
Its saved in settings, just search for bleed and adjust in the software settings (its remembered for next time)

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 12:51 pm
The default settings for stems_bleed vocalonly of 0% is not really usable for the music i play, I have to keep adjusting the settings every time i use the stems vocal only.

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 2:12 pm
I changed it in settings, but it still go back to 0% on startup,

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 2:19 pm
dfyffe wrote :
I changed it in settings, but it still go back to 0% on startup,

Should be saved...
Does other settings save? maybe you have a write permission lacking on /documents/virtualdj/
or the file settings.xml in that folder

Or perhaps you have some left-over script on the ONINT that works against it now?
(Aka sets to zero on start up)

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 3:03 pm
Im using the default skin, I do not have any of the above. So the stems_bleed cannot be changed besides the settings. How do I assign stems_bleed VocalOnly 30% to a button ?.

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 6:00 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
yes, you can map it to the keyboard virtual key ONINIT : deck all stems_bleed VocalOnly 30%

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 6:14 pm
"isrepeat ? nothing : deck left play ? deck left only_stem Vocal & deck left stems_bleed OnlyVocal 30% : deck right only_stem Vocal & deck right stems_bleed OnlyVocal 30%"
This worked for me earlier, so maybe the last update broke it.

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 6:17 pm
Nicotux wrote :
yes, you can map it to the keyboard virtual key ONINIT : deck all stems_bleed VocalOnly 30%

Did not work.

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 6:24 pm
because there is an error : OnlyVocal NOT VocalOnly ^^

you can directly set the setting stemsBleedOnlyVocal 30%

ONINIT : stems_bleed OnlyVocal 30%
or
ONINIT : setting stemsBleedOnlyVocal 30%

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 6:33 pm
This is my shortcut and it still does not change the stems_bleed percent.

isrepeat ? nothing : deck left play ? deck left only_stem Vocal & deck left stems_bleed OnlyVocal 30% : deck right only_stem Vocal & deck right stems_bleed OnlyVocal 30%,

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 7:26 pm
Nicotux wrote :
because there is an error : OnlyVocal NOT VocalOnly ^^

you can directly set the setting stemsBleedOnlyVocal 30%

ONINIT : stems_bleed OnlyVocal 30%
or
ONINIT : setting stemsBleedOnlyVocal 30%

Still not working,

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 7:31 pm
when stems_bleed OnlyVocal 30% may depend on other stems states
setting stemsBleedOnlyVocal 30% is working fine here

geposted Tue 18 May 21 @ 8:01 pm
So the problem turn out that the stem_bleed format changed this is the new format < deck x stems_bleed % stembleed type>. this work for me, "deck left play ? deck left only_stem Vocal & deck left stems_bleed 30% OnlyVocal : deck right only_stem Vocal & deck right stems_bleed 30% OnlyVocal"
Im surprise this was not mentioned anywhere in the new, change feature or whats new in the update info.

geposted Wed 19 May 21 @ 11:43 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There was no change actually. The stems_bleed action never accepted the specific bleed type to affect. (Not sure where you found out that it would accept such a parameter)
So putting OnlyVocal first made it not work at all, and putting OnlyVocal at the back is the same as leaving it out entirely.
The only reason it works is because you start by using "only_stem vocal", and after that stems_bleed will affect the bleed for OnlyVocal.

Either way though, it is a setting and thus is remembered already, so no need to explicitly set again.
Also, the method using "setting stemsBleedOnlyVocal 30%" will also work since that sets the config option directly.

geposted Wed 19 May 21 @ 11:58 am
Adion wrote :
There was no change actually. The stems_bleed action never accepted the specific bleed type to affect. (Not sure where you found out that it would accept such a parameter)

Trial and error, just trying to make the vocal solo sound better than the default setting, I only settle for the best. Stems are new to us, so it a learning process for all, and remember, its man over machine every time.

geposted Fri 21 May 21 @ 5:47 pm
docb-djPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Adion wrote :

I think he got that from the vdj script page: http://virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs_v8.html

"stems_bleed : decide how much the stems separation allows bleeding, Effect one of the 4 bleeding values (muteVocal, muteInstru, onlyVocal, onlyInstru) depending which is currently being used on deck."

The way the document is written sounds like you can adjust 4 different stem bleed values (muteVocal, muteInstru, onlyVocal, onlyInstru).

geposted Thu 10 Mar 22 @ 9:56 pm