Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Laptop going to sleep.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

vicarelPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Anytime that i'm using VDJ with an external hard drive my laptop randomly goes to sleep while i'm playing. But if the music files are on the local drive VDJ runs fine. Anyyone knows what's going on?

geposted Sat 29 May 21 @ 3:19 am
Seems quite odd, that it has anything to do with the drive being external or not..
But if your Windows goes to sleep, take a look in the power management in Windows..

Perhaps you turn off the power supply and connect the external drive (both being on USB-C), and hence the laptop is in battery mode perhaps? with a different power scheme
https://www.energystar.gov/products/low_carbon_it_campaign/power_management_computer/windows_10
https://geekflare.com/windows-power-options/

Unless you by "going sleep" meant the computer turns off completely instantly..
Then it might be a hardware issue with the drive itself

geposted Sat 29 May 21 @ 11:27 am
I have tried every power setting, usb setting, disabled all sleep functions and my laptop still only goes to sleep when VDJ is running. Serato runs fine but i mainly use VDJ but for some reason after about 15mins. of playing the laptop just goes to sleep. It doesn't shut down or power off so i know it's not an issue with the fan, i have been using VDJ on this lappie for years with no issues until recently.

geposted Sat 29 May 21 @ 4:21 pm
cant quite think of what that could be ...
Can always try with mathengine set to disabled in VDJ settings, and see if that makes it go away.
Its the "only" intense operation that uses quite a bit of computer powers until the stems are generated (per song)

But going to sleep (as in regular windows sleep mode) should not be the outcome even of that.

Would make more sense if you accidentally pressed keyboard keys then, that put Windows to sleep mode. Maybe something there, but even that would be quite odd...

geposted Sat 29 May 21 @ 5:38 pm
My laptop would stay on for hours and as I run VDJ after about 15mins it just goes to sleep. I have tried VDJ on two other computers and it works fine. It's frustrating when you are on air doing a live mix and your laptop just goes to sleep. I don't use any hardware controllers so i just can't figure it out.

geposted Sun 30 May 21 @ 3:41 am
You initially said the sleeping only happened when you used an external drive. Why not have your files on the internal drive if that solves the problem?

You also said Serato works OK - is this when using the same external drive?

geposted Sun 30 May 21 @ 8:56 am
Initially it seemed like VDJ only made the laptop go to sleep when the hard drive was plugged in but it goes to sleep even if I am playing from my local drive. I have discovered that if i just leave VDJ idle the laptop stays on, but as usual after about 15 mins of use it goes to sleep. I have ran my system diagnostics and memtest, did a windows repair install, removed and cleaned fan and heatsink applied thermal paste, but still the same issue. I'm going to reinstall VDJ and see what happens.

geposted Sun 30 May 21 @ 6:49 pm
How do you know its "sleep" and not laptop turning off because overheated (cpu) ?
What exactly does it look like/happens?

geposted Sun 30 May 21 @ 7:03 pm
It's asleep, you have to press power button to wake it to login screen.

geposted Mon 31 May 21 @ 3:15 am
So I guess the computer turns itself off..
Main reason for that, would be overheating. Maybe your laptop is really dusted or not getting free air.

You can try set mathengine in VDJ to disabled if your computer is really low end.
That will make less use of full CPU powers.

geposted Mon 31 May 21 @ 10:36 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A over heat would boot to POST not Win Login,

geposted Mon 31 May 21 @ 6:09 pm
vicarel wrote :
I have tried every power setting, usb setting, disabled all sleep functions and my laptop still only goes to sleep when VDJ is running. Serato runs fine but i mainly use VDJ but for some reason after about 15mins. of playing the laptop just goes to sleep. It doesn't shut down or power off so i know it's not an issue with the fan, i have been using VDJ on this lappie for years with no issues until recently.

that is not a vdj problem. You have an issue with power savings in windows or in your bios. You also may have a weak charger or damaged power cord and your laptop is going into power savings to prevent turning off. Turn off all power savings functions in windows power settings including suspend usb to always on. Turn all suspend settings to no.

geposted Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 9:34 pm
As previously stated, you need to check your cpu for overheating. If idle and vdj runs fine, you probably have an overheating/failed fan/dirty exhaust port and your bios shuts off the cpu at a certain temp.

geposted Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 9:36 pm
Ok, I found out what the problem is. When i disable the math engine in performance the laptop does not shut down.

geposted Fri 02 Jul 21 @ 10:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)