Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [academic research, streaming] Still need help guys.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

FORUM: GENERAL DISCUSSION
VIRTUALDJ FORUMS GENERAL DISCUSSION
TOPIC: HELP MY RESEARCH
user24028512
BUNNKREATEEV
Hello guys and good afternoon from Germany. I am currently conducting an academic research on virtual clubbing during the COVID-19 lockdown, and curious to interview one or two DJs, as well as two virtual club members to understand their experiences with virtual clubbing during the COVID-19 time. I am pursuing my Master's degree at Ludwig Maximillian University Munich, and this research forms part of my final degree project. If you need any further verification to confirm this, kindly let me know. I will be so glad to receive this help from this platform. Interviews will be anonymous and names of participants will be changed. Best regards and hoping for a positive response.

I hope this post does not go against the rule of the forum. If it does, kindly disregard it.

Dorathy Onyinyechi Oloko Bunn.

geposted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 10:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Ok I'll play.
I watch dj streams mostly on twitch, the biggest [most promoted by twitch] is
ASOT and my opinion on trance music ... well... strip out every element of soul or funk out of music & dose with lots of mdma and there you have trance. I only watch it to truly understand mediocrity.
Maybe their audience is in to that [I've a collection of 'average' mix cds from the '90s and my ecstasy honeymoon, so I 'get it']

A smaller stream I'm subbed to projectilevomittv , they only stream intermittently, they play juke, breakcore, gabba, speed bass, an eclectic mix of underground music. Music I find interesting and mixing techniques more interesting than just EQ & crossfade.

2 scenarios;
1 I have company and it's just background music.
2 I listen alone, and study what's happening, tracks, mixes, visuals, being a smaller stream [200 viewers] I can interact with chat "who's this, where can I see them live, what sample is that"
I also boot vdj to practice mixing by ear with a source I don't have a bpm number.

I'm probably an outlier but I reckon it's background music in most cases, but "chat" makes it a bit more of a shared experience.

I've watched more, seems techno & disco are the easiest to find, but they're just A to B mixing and a lot of it is mediocre and not interesting to me now, but in the late '90s I'd record every radio 1 essential mix [friday 21:00, sunday 01:00]. so maybe I'm not so different [just older]

geposted Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 2:48 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)