Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ LE and Home on the same computer?
Hello all,

I got a cheap Numark controller that came with Virtual DJ (VDJ) LE. I installed it, but didn't log in with it yet, because I'm still wondering about one thing.

When I'm without the controller or don't need it, I'd like to also be able to use the free Home version (without the controller connected), as it seems to have a few more features.
However, I don't know if/how it is possible to have the LE and the home version installed on the same computer.

Plus, the last version of LE I got updated to is VDJ 2020 LE b5647 (32-Bit), while the current version of VDJ (including Home, I presume) is VDJ 2021 b6541 (64-Bit).

Could someone please enlighten me if/how this can be accomplished?

TIA

geposted Wed 21 Jul 21 @ 6:05 pm
i guess if you logout of the software it will be home version login and your license will activate.

geposted Wed 21 Jul 21 @ 6:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No need to stay logged out. If the controller is not connected, then you ll get all the features of Home Free.
BTW, LE versions get updates same as the "normal" version. In fact, LE version is the same full version which gets limited when the controller is connected.
If not auto-updated, you can install VirtualDJ from https://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html and if asked on startup, enter your LE keycode

geposted Wed 21 Jul 21 @ 8:43 pm
Thanks for your answers. ATM I can't test it, unfortunately, b/c I'm stuck with 18 days left on the full Pro trial (which unlocks everything anyway).

Before, I had a dedicated LE installer (from Numark), which did not get me further updated than the aforementioned VDJ 2020 LE b5647 (32-Bit).

Looks like I'll have to wait until the current trial runs out before further examinations..

geposted Thu 22 Jul 21 @ 6:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
register your LE here and you can get the most up to date version here, [also will let you have some forum privileges that home users don't get [private messaging, can post links on forum etc]

geposted Thu 22 Jul 21 @ 6:17 pm
Thanks again.

To recap, I d/l the current (full) version directly from the VDJ website, register my controller (as an LE license), and the software will switch between Home Free and LE (disregarding the Pro trial phase) depending on whether the controller is connected. Did I get that right?

(Edit:)
BTW, the version I'm running right now is actually a 32-bit Windows version called "Virtual DJ 2020 [!] pc build 6541", which identifies in the settings as "v8.5-32 b6541". That's a bit weird b/c b6541 is the most recent build, but should be called 2021, not 2020.
I don't remember where I got that version, as the official Windows download claims to be 64-bit only. But the installer file is legitimate.
My laptop is stuck on 32-bit Windows due to UEFI issues. That's why I installed this version on a test machine. Probably doesn't make a difference to the original question.

geposted Thu 22 Jul 21 @ 9:13 pm
32 bit is 2020 because it cant do stems

64 bit is 2021 because it can do stems

geposted Thu 22 Jul 21 @ 9:53 pm