Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What happened to my cue points?
Updated to 2021 build 6541 and none of my cue points appear any more?
New created will save but where are my old ones created over the years????

geposted Thu 22 Jul 21 @ 8:27 pm
Before updating did you happen to uninstall VirtualDJ ?
Or it was just auto updates as usual ?

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 5:37 am
I downloaded the latest early access build and installed it first.
(I had early access set to yes in options but since I have a gig tomorrow I wanted to back to the latest stable build so installed from website)
No uninstall.

I tried build 6541 on another pc and there the cue points shows up.
I also compared the database file between the two pc’s and the content for a specific track is identical.
(That track does not show cue points on pc 1 but does on pc 2)

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 6:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What value do you have for getCuesfromTags setting (from OPTIONS) in both computers ?

Is it only the Cues you re missing or Tracks in Browser miss BPM and Key too ?

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 3:02 pm
I have getcuesfromtags to zero
BUT-
I found out for whatever reason many tracks has lost its cue points in the database.
(I was wrong before saying the same database behave different on the two pc’s)
I am very careful with my database and all I do to it is to add tracks once in a while.
I have absolutely NO understanding how most of my cue points in database has disappeared.

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 7:15 pm
So I need to use my database backup and now wonder if it’s just to copy over the backup database (with correct cue points) onto the ”faulty” database (replace it completely)
Can something be corrupted when doing like that?

The tracks added to the faulty pc will still be on harddrive but not in database xml so I have to add those again (scan for bpm)
Is above method ok to do ?

geposted Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 3:18 pm
Yes, there's no problem to overwrite the "faulty" database with the correct one.
And yes, the files that are missing from the "correct" one will have to get rescanned.

geposted Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 5:52 pm
I am quite sure the loss of cue points happened after an install that required much of my library to be rescanned. Luckily I have backups, but still it would be very interesting if a dev could check and compare some parts of the database files (before and after) and see if possible to figure what happened.
Adion, do you have the time to check?

geposted Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 12:25 pm