Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Volume and Beats (Beatmatching)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I am still relatively new in DJing and also in VDJ.

I've two general questions on the subject of "beats / crossfade two songs" and on the topic "volume":

Should I try to match the first beats of each bar (the thick red and blue bars) and that they are the same/directly below each other? Or is it only important that the beats are at the same time and are arranged under each other (no matter if thick or thin)? I've often made the experience that it sounds better when a thin one is under a wide bar than when the thick ones are under each other.

And: Is the volume in db displayed somewhere for the songs in the deck? Would also like to equalize the two tracks in terms of volume, and just from the waveform I cant say which one would now need to be raised (or lowered). A db display would be very helpful. Does it exist?

Thanks for the assistance.
Tom/Pipe Chess

geposted Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 6:57 am
Rohrschach wrote :
Should I try to match the first beats of each bar (the thick red and blue bars) and that they are the same/directly below each other? Or is it only important that the beats are at the same time and are arranged under each other (no matter if thick or thin)? I've often made the experience that it sounds better when a thin one is under a wide bar than when the thick ones are under each other.

The bigger markers is VDJ's guess on which downbeat is "the 1" - so the start of each bar
It is however much harder to guess this in an algorithm, that is is detecting the basic beat, so it's really just a suggestion
In other words: You should definitely stick to what sounds good - not the types of markers
If you then find a better position for "the 1" marker, you can click the tap button once to set it at that position, which will the get stored in the database, so it will be in the correct place the next time you load the track to a deck

Rohrschach wrote :
And: Is the volume in db displayed somewhere for the songs in the deck? Would also like to equalize the two tracks in terms of volume, and just from the waveform I cant say which one would now need to be raised (or lowered). A db display would be very helpful. Does it exist?

You shouldn't have to. If you set autoGain to "auto" in the settings, this adjustment is automatically done for you, and only if something goes wrong do you need to touch the gain knobs

geposted Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 9:10 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)