Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Looking for some DJ gear recommendations

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I know this is primarily a software forum, so I apologize for asking an equipment question.

I play in a band and I also DJ. For my band, I have an SKB 10X6 Roto Rack Console in which I have mounted my wireless mics, a power distro, a 16-channel mixer, and a couple blank panels in case I wish to add anything more. For DJ work, I have an American Audio VMS4 and I use Virtual DJ software on my laptop. The VMS4 is still working great, but it is getting a little long in the tooth so I'm thinking about getting something new.

Once in a while, a venue has a suitable house system and wireless mic available for clients to use for speeches, prayers, etc. In this situation, I can bring my DJ controller and plug into it with a wired mic for my use. However, most of the time I must supply the client with a wireless mic, so most of the time I end up bringing my band rack and my DJ controller.

Does anyone make a rack mountable DJ controller which has all the features of the typical table-top controller – dual jog wheels or assignable single jog wheel, at least 2 mic inputs, key lock, tempo adjust, internal mixer, XLR outputs, effects, etc.? I basically just want to bring one rack containing my DJ controller, wireless mics, power distro, etc. to all of my DJ gigs. I'm not a club DJ. I do weddings, corporate parties, and other types of private events.

geposted Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 3:24 pm
Rack mount DJ gear is out of favour, and has been for some years now.

geposted Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 4:37 pm
groovindj wrote :
Rack mount DJ gear is out of favour, and has been for some years now.

Damn. I had a feeling that was the situation based on my internet searches. Thank you for confirming. The band was the priority prior to Covid. I now get more inquiries about DJ services than the band. Looks like I'm a little late to the party.

geposted Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 12:56 am
I find gigs so much easier without bulky heavy racks of gear.

DJ controller. Pair of powered speakers. I used to need a van for my kit. Now it fits in a car.

geposted Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 4:31 pm
Last decent rack mount controller was the Denon MC6000 but that's been discontinued for some time.

geposted Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 4:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)