Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DenonPrime4 : VDJ2021 does not start up..
HELLO I have new prime 4 recently received .. the stand alone works perfect . Important for me (as VJ) is that it works with VirtualDJ. I have VirtualDJ2021ProInfinity and works perfect on laptop. But with connection (with prime4) the screen on prime4 always stays in computer modus .. it does not switch to the VDJ-mixerscreen.. The prime4 i can not get fixed as simultanous controller of VDJ-program.. faders and the rest not responding on VDJ-handling. The first start-pop-upscreen in VDJ with prime4 picture (to selct prime4) i dont get.. as mentioned on manuals VDJ.. Prime4 is eventough to see in the soundselections on VDJ-settings. How to get fixed?.. Help.. Greeting DJ/VJ Bart.

geposted Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 3:38 pm
You don't give any details about your computer....

Are you using Mac or PC? What is your OS?

geposted Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 8:42 pm

Hello, I have the same problem and have already tried the things described here. Nothing happens, the Denon screen stays black. Skin deleted nothing no change.
I tested it on PC win11 the same.
My system Notebook is WIn10, I5 8gb Ram new drivers and updates.
Denon prime4 2.4.0 firmware

Can it be because of VDJ that it is not compatible?

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 10:42 am
DJ/VJ Bart wrote :
HELLO I have new prime 4 recently received .. the stand alone works perfect . Important for me (as VJ) is that it works with VirtualDJ. I have VirtualDJ2021ProInfinity .....

Hello DJ Bart. Out of curiosity, have you purchased a Pro Infinity license ? Unless you are not logged in with the correct account on this forum, your name shows you're a home user, which does not support that pro hardware. That *may* be part of the explanation.

Among all my controllers, I also have a Prime 4 and it works fine in computer mode (Firmware v2.4.0 and Windows driver v1.0.2). With my Pro Infinity license, it downloaded the required files on the first connection to make everything work.

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 2:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just black screen or black with "Computer mode" ?

There are 2 common cases here..

1. Some Antivirus is blocking the Denon driver from proper installation. In this case, disable your Antivirus, uninstall and re-install the Denon Windows driver.

2. Some Libraries are missing. In this case install latest Visual C++ Redistributable (in your case the X64) from https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 5:22 pm