Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video skin duration/resolution
Hi! I'm using OBS to do a window capture on my vdj screen, so i can display the song ID (using vdj video skin) in obs. I'd like to ideally change the duration the video skin stays on - it defaults to about 5 sec i think. Anyone know how to change easily? i don't know how to edit an xml file so perhaps if it's relatively easy steps someone can advise how i do that.
thx!

geposted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 3:17 pm
Which video skin? Also please note that VDJ can record its own video output - you don't need to use OBS.

geposted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 3:48 pm
my ultimate goal would be to have VDJ stream the song artist/song right into the Twitch chat, which i know is possible with Serato using something called Trainsbotter or something. But i don't think VDJ has anything like that. So i'm not sure what you mean about recording as i only use the video skin for streamling live on Twitch. here's the skin i'm using: red-light modern basic (no fet remix - no cover art). thanks!

geposted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 4:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

geposted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 4:30 pm
thanks. strangely it won't launch the app as i get an error saying "this application is not supported on this mac"

geposted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 5:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Why dont you directly broadcast Video to Twitch ? https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Video%20Broadcast%20to%20Twitch.html

Regarding your original question, open the xml of the Video skin file (select it from Interface at the very bottom, then "Edit this skin" from top-right.
Inside the xml you will find (if i am correct, at line 92) ...
<item class="titler_item" visibility="load_pulse_active 1000ms 5000ms &amp;&amp; pulse 12000ms"></item>

The pulse 12000ms defines the duration the title stays on. (12 sec)

geposted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 8:30 pm

geposted Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 4:19 pm