Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: setting parameters on effects
Is there info on setting effects for good and saving the settings . For example "Reverb" I would like to set the the strength to be between 17 % and 50% . or speed . Phaser strength and speed so that way as i turn a dial I get full Dial and only the small percent I need or want ? Thanks in advance

geposted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 9:21 pm
It cannot be done the way you would like, but it IS possible as soon as you are willing to learn and use some "complex" mapping.
effect_select 1 'reverb' ? param_multiply 0.33 & param_add 0.17 & effect_slider 1 : effect_select 1 'echo' ? param_mulitply 0.5 & param_add 0.25 & effect_slider 1 : effect_slider 1

In this example, we modified the range of two effects (reverb & echo) while we left any other effect untouched.
I believe the maths involved are simple enough to follow. First we multiply the range of the slider to get our desired range (0.33 = 33% of the full range) and then we just add an offset because the slider would otherwise work from 0 up to the new given range (0.17 = 17%). So, the slider should now go from 0.17 to 0.17+0.33=0.5 or 17% to 50%.
However keep in mind that this remapping will work only if "reverb" or "echo" are used on the first effect slot.
You will have to duplicate this script on the other two slots as well.

As I said, it's not an "easy" solution, but sure it is doable.

geposted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 10:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
virtualfx would save the mapping duplication

geposted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 11:44 pm
Thanks . I am so not that technical any more had a injury . I thought there might be a way to make a parameter in a slider . Its just a thought. Happy Christmas to you both !

geposted Sun 26 Dec 21 @ 9:39 pm