Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: stems issue!
Hello guys, I'm an up and comer DJ using Virtual dj recently I had an issue while I was performing at gig one of my deck keep frizzing up and I was left with only one deck to work with. I did reach out to support and they got back to me with a bunch of thing I have no ideas about MATHengine and precompute can you guys please help me out on how to prevent this issue? when i try to change from CPU TO GPU I get an error message that my laptop does not support GPU please guys help me out king of new at this.

geposted Tue 28 Dec 21 @ 2:03 am
- If you disable mathEngine then you disable the auto stems separation, which is the way to go on some older laptops
- If you only use pre-compute, VDJ will only offer stems separation on the tracks where you have pre-computed the stems (right-click option). So your laptop doesn't need to do the work while DJing, but it will take up a lot of disk space if you do it for many tracks
- The GPU option is so that your graphics card help with the stems separation, so that your CPU doesn't have to do the work. That is only supported if your laptop has a fairly need nVidia Geforce graphics card/GPU. So the error is probably simply telling you that you don't have such a graphics car7GPU

geposted Tue 28 Dec 21 @ 9:19 am