Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Stem 'Melody' option on Filter Knob
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
In addition to the 'Vocal' option for the filter knob, would it be possible to add a stem 'Melody' option as well, I usually use a 4 channel mixer which means i have access to the 3 main stems at all times but sometimes when travelling I use a more compact mixer with only 2 channels & filter knobs.
I find i use the 'Melody' stem when mixing more than 'Vocal', so it would be great to have the option selectable on any mixer.
I know I could remap the filter knob, but also use other filters so that workaround is not the most ideal. Or I might be missing an obvious solution so if anyone has encountered the same issue please let me know.
Anyway, I thought I would ask.
Thanks

geposted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 6:06 pm
djkrysr wrote :
Hi
In addition to the 'Vocal' option for the filter knob, would it be possible to add a stem 'Melody' option as well, I usually use a 4 channel mixer which means i have access to the 3 main stems at all times but sometimes when travelling I use a more compact mixer with only 2 channels & filter knobs.
I find i use the 'Melody' stem when mixing more than 'Vocal', so it would be great to have the option selectable on any mixer.
I know I could remap the filter knob, but also use other filters so that workaround is not the most ideal. Or I might be missing an obvious solution so if anyone has encountered, and solved, the same issue please let me know.
Thanks

geposted Mon 15 Aug 22 @ 7:05 pm
djkrysr wrote :
Hi
I know I could remap the filter knob, but also use other filters so that workaround is not the most ideal. Or I might be missing an obvious solution so if anyone has encountered the same issue please let me know.
Thanks

Eso ya existe mi estimado en el pads color effect solo abre el menú configuración, apartado "Ampliaciones", pads y color Fx instalas y listo

geposted Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 3:08 pm
Hi, I am probably not understanding what you are showing me, a Google translate gave me some indication of what you are saying but I still can't seem to find out how I could add "Melody".

I know my problem is not knowing what the correct terminology is when trying to explain what I am asking.

On the default skin where the "filter knob" used to be, there is now a knob called "color effects", there is a drop down list alongside it where you can select different fx that can be assigned to that knob, "Vocals", "Cut", Distortion" etc.
I would like, if possible to add the "Melody" stem fx to that list so that the filter knob on my compact controller could cut or isolate melody when I am not using my more capable 4 channel controller.
I know some drop down menus can be edited and you can add folders etc to the "color effects" drop down, but can't see any way possible to add other fx to the color drop down, or whether this would instead be a "request" to the programmers.

geposted Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 3:42 pm