Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 supported?
GhuiTHome userMember since 2022
what is the signal from the Jogwheels? HID? is it fully supported in VDJ? or through some kind of transformation

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 12:14 pm

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 12:25 pm
klausmogensen

it doesn't say anything about HID, and you're not a developer

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 12:32 pm
If it wasn't fully supported, then it wouldn't be on the list
That's how it always is with VDJ natively supported hardware :)

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 12:45 pm
REV7 does not support some function, but it is in the list

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 12:49 pm
GhuiT wrote :
REV7 does not support some function, but it is in the list

Please give me an example, because as far as I know all buttons/functions on the rev 7 are mapped and have a function when used with VDJ
If you like you can read it here - I don't see any place where it says "no function in VDJ" or "unmapped in VDJ" or something like that, but I could be wrong of course
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjrev7/layout.html

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 12:53 pm

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 1:11 pm
Smooth echo is indeed included when using the rev 7 with VDJ (see point 4 below from the VDJ hardware manual for the unit)

It's actually a hardware effect on the rev7, in which case it doesn't really matter what VDJ can do - it will simply work because of the hardware
But it's also a software effect directly in VDJ, that you can use even without the rev7

However that's not what I meant

Full native support in VDJ does not mean that it will be mapped to do exactly the same as what other software does.
Instead it'll be the feature the devs think is the best VDJ can do which also makes sense in relations when the button/fader
VDJ can for instance do stems separation. So can djay pro - but no other DJ software can do that at the moment, so for hardware where stems separation is mapped in VDJ, that mapping will of course not be the same in Serato or Rekordbox, since those software don't have the feature

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 1:49 pm