Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Background Images
I can select multiple background images for karaoke and they switch each time after a karaoke song is played. Is there a way to put it on timer and have it switch every x seconds? Like before people sign up or before karaoke actually starts. Useful for advertising bar specials, etc...

Thanks.

geposted Tue 24 Jan 23 @ 3:14 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you could have a deck video source as background in a video skin then have that deck play slideshow with whatever.

geposted Tue 24 Jan 23 @ 4:09 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I just created a video with the different backgrounds I wanted and selected the video itself as the background and it worked out.

geposted Tue 24 Jan 23 @ 4:39 pm
Okay I know this is a dumb question but I just started learning the proper way to do karaoke with VDJ.

How do I set a background image that displays while singers are not singing?

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 2:27 pm
Under video FX there is an option for "Source for Audio Only Tracks" or I believe you can also set a default background under the Karaoke options.

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 2:59 pm
@RCBAudio no not that way.

@2Legit see the karaoke options [dot above karaoke list], for singers list display , video skins are available to dl

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 3:03 pm
RCBAUDIO
Yep, I thought about that too, but knew there had to be a better more efficient way. Thanks.

locodog wrote :

@2Legit see the karaoke options [dot above karaoke list], for singers list display , video skins are available to dl

BINGO!!! I still had difficulty figuring it out, but after a lot of trial and error, I got exactly what I wanted which is this. A short singer list on top of a background image with the complete singer list scrolling on the bottom.

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 3:55 pm
This is so weird. I know I posted earlier that I accomplished what I wanted, but that was several hours ago. Just checked again and it's not working no matter what I do. I have the singer list but now it has a black background. (See 1st image)

The background image I want in there is on deck 1, but I can't get it under the list. (See 2nd image)

geposted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 12:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the Video Crossfader is at the right side (the gray triangle over the Audio Crossfader). Either move it on the left side or press the Skip button for a while on the Left (Background Music) deck

geposted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 5:40 pm
djdad wrote :
the Video Crossfader is at the right side (the gray triangle over the Audio Crossfader). Either move it on the left side or press the Skip button for a while on the Left (Background Music) deck

THANK YOU!!! You pointed me in the right direction and now I got it how I want it. I had to change the video crossfader setting from SMART to MANUAL. Then move the video crossfader to the left.

I swear you guys in this forum are so smart!!! One more question while I have your attention. Do you know where that image file on my left deck is located? I may want to change that image in the future. Thanks djdad!!!

geposted Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 11:37 am
I think the image for default is hardcoded, but the karaoke settings menu, dot top right of karaoke sidelist lets you pick any pic or video you want for the inbetween times.

geposted Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 12:26 pm
locodog wrote :
I think the image for default is hardcoded, but the karaoke settings menu, dot top right of karaoke sidelist lets you pick any pic or video you want for the inbetween times.

Yep. You're right! THANKS!!!

geposted Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 2:20 am
I lost the ]K DJ background. How do I get it back?

DJay 2Legit wrote :
RCBAUDIO
Yep, I thought about that too, but knew there had to be a better more efficient way. Thanks.

locodog wrote :

BINGO!!! I still had difficulty figuring it out, but after a lot of trial and error, I got exactly what I wanted which is this. A short singer list on top of a background image with the complete singer list scrolling on the bottom.

geposted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 12:56 am