Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Closing and Restarting when selecting Sampler Editor
Hi All, this has just started to happen, when selecting sample editor on 8 or 9 VDJ stops, disappears and restarts. They are both PNG files as are the ones 1 - 7 but only does it on 8 and 9. I'm on b7445.
Here's a video of it in action > https://youtu.be/jgnEehc-VHw . I'll be trying to problem solve and work out whats different in the meantime

geposted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 5:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you share the png file that it crashed on?

geposted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 6:21 pm

geposted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 6:28 pm
And here's the sampler xml file
<samplerbank>
<sample path="REBEL GALAXY SIGNAL.vdjsample" filesize="5959958" color="darkred" col="0" row="0" />
<sample path="REBEL GALAXY BOUNTY.vdjsample" filesize="2502009" color="red" col="1" row="0" />
<sample path="INTERFACE.vdjsample" filesize="3067946" col="2" row="0" />
<sample path="Stargate Interface.vdjsample" filesize="18895671" col="3" row="0" />
<sample path="CROWD.vdjsample" filesize="30259348" col="4" row="0" />
<sample path="CROWD II.vdjsample" filesize="2416731" col="5" row="0" />
<sample path="NS7III VIDEO.vdjsample" filesize="32378840" color="green" col="6" row="0" />
<sample path="S.H.I.E.L.D LOGO.vdjsample" filesize="7052850" col="7" row="0" />
<sample path="P:\MY PHOTOS &amp; VIDEOS\DJ PROMO VIDS\TREE HOUSE LOGO LINTON FEBRUARY WHITE.png" filesize="4919655" col="8" row="0" />
</samplerbank>

geposted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 6:30 pm
Both seem to work fine in the sample editor here.
Without opening the sample editor, the images are shown correctly on the sampler itself, and work on the video output when activating them?

geposted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 9:13 am
Adion wrote :
Both seem to work fine in the sample editor here.
Without opening the sample editor, the images are shown correctly on the sampler itself, and work on the video output when activating them?

Yes, I even removed them both, then re added to see if the editor will open, but it still caused a restart. I'm sure I'll work it out soon enough.

geposted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 9:37 am
The only thing I noticed is that one of them is larger than 4096x4096, which might be a problem for very old graphics cards. Wouldn't explain the other one either though.

geposted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 9:45 am
Didn't realise VDJ makes stems of samples?, So I went into the sampler folder and only 7 stem files were created pertaining to the VISUALS where they should be 9. I deleted all 7 and started up VDJ and began opening each of the samples in the editor and noticed each one created a new VDJSTEMS file, but not 8 and 9 because it caused the software to crash and restart. Could it be because it couldn't create a stems file, it may have caused the issue?. I've now fully disabled stems and Hey presto, No crashing on 8 or 9, although the 8th one has only created a TMP file and not a VDJSTEMS file and the 9th one has nothing. Hope you can look into this at some point.

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 4:58 pm
Ah, if stemsSavedStems is set to auto it would try to create stems when the sample is opened in the sample editor, and I guess something went wrong attempting to create stems from a picture file.
Will examine further, but for now you could set stemsSavedStems to manual, and still continue to use stems and create prepared stems manually by setting stemsRealtimeSeparation to Prepared for example

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 5:03 pm
Adion wrote :
Ah, if stemsSavedStems is set to auto it would try to create stems when the sample is opened in the sample editor, and I guess something went wrong attempting to create stems from a picture file.
Will examine further, but for now you could set stemsSavedStems to manual, and still continue to use stems and create prepared stems manually by setting stemsRealtimeSeparation to Prepared for example

Cheers Adion, I'll do that and thanks for a prompt response to this too.

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 5:09 pm