Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Traktor S2 MK3 Sync button wont turn off once pressed on via the S2 MK3 Controller
Hi guys, I like to use the Sync button on my controller & have never had an issue up until recently when I done the latest update.

I used to be able to play a song & cue the other song ready to go but if it was a different BPM from the playing song I could press the Sync button on the DJ controller for the queued track & could then press it again to turn it off.

This does not work now since I done the update. The only way to turn off the Sync via the controller is by pressing “Shift+Sync” on the controller & moving the pitch up or down.

Just to clarify this issue only happens whilst using my DJ Controller hooked up to Virtual DJ, this does NOT happen when using Traktor Pro 3 as it behaves as normal on their software the way I am used to.

Can someone please help me asap?

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 5:12 pm
Duncan the default behaviour of pressing the sync button is to match the bpm of the tracks if not playing, or if pressed while playing will sync the bpm and the beatgrid.
This is the behaviour i get on my RX2 and other controller i have used including CDJs.

As far as i have seen it's never been an on/off switch as you describe in your scenario.

You may want to check the mapping of the sync button on your controller in VDJ while its connected to ensure that its mapped to the sync function and not anything else.

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 5:18 pm
Hi Mel, thanks for the response, yeah I’ve checked that.

As I say I was always able to do it that way & now I’m not its annoying me as I’ve been so used to it for the past 2 years since I got that controller.

Was hoping someone maybe had the same issue or was able to help me rectify it?

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 5:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sync as said above, is not a mode that you turn on/off - at least not in VirtualDJ. You may want to try the Beatlock, which is a mode and can enable/disable from Scratch Mixer panel https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/mixer/scratch.html (Nr.4)
IF this mode is close to what you want, then you can remap the SYNC button of your controller to beatlock (instead of sync)

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 5:34 pm
Thanks for the comment! Sync button on the controller can be turned On & Off again (just the button) as shown in this video here https://www.youtube.com/live/KDFPHUjcxrw?feature=share

However I am not able to do this in Virtual DJ anymore, as previously mentioned I WAS ALWAYS able to do it that way up until the recent update & now I cant?

geposted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 5:39 pm
I'm not understanding what you mean by sync won't turn off I have the s2 mk3 When I press sync the beat grid and bpm match up What doesn't turn off?

geposted Thu 16 Feb 23 @ 1:11 am
The actual button “Sync” on the S2 MK3 wont turn off after I press it on.

It used to allow me to do this no problem at all but now it doesn’t.

This vide shows the person at Traktor pressing the sync on & then off again once all aligned but mines wont turn off.

https://www.youtube.com/live/KDFPHUjcxrw?feature=share

geposted Thu 16 Feb 23 @ 8:29 am
That video is over an hour long, so not sure its the best to showcase what you mean.

Maybe better to film exactly what you mean yourself then post here, as far as i can see if the mapping of the sync button still says "sync" then its working as intended.

Do you mean that the button stay illuminated?

Remember when you press the sync button it will align the beatgrid an sync the bpm, so of course the 2 songs stay in time unless you adjust one of them.

Once pressed are you now experiencing something different then what is described above?

geposted Thu 16 Feb 23 @ 3:19 pm
Ok I think I understand what you're saying now. I tried my mk3 just now and when i hit the sync button on the controller, the button lights up and stays lit. As soon as i moved the jog wheel and the beat was out of sync the light turned off. when i moved the jog wheel back into sync the light lit back up. I tried 2 of my other controllers and the sync button only lights while the button is pressed.

geposted Fri 17 Feb 23 @ 2:34 am
Update.... I just tried the S2mk3 on an older version of VDJ 2020 7151.1903
The sync button stays lit when pressed. Doesn't seem like this is something new

geposted Fri 17 Feb 23 @ 2:41 am