Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: noob question blink/pad
Hello,

Can someone tell me how can i make my 'auto loop' pad 1 from Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX which is set to "vocal' stem to stay on when the stem is not activated and to blink when i use the stem "vocal'

Thanks.

geposted Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 2:52 pm
bump

geposted Sat 11 Mar 23 @ 12:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
One way is to blink the color by using the following action in the Color tab of the Pads Editor
loop_pad 1 ? blink ? color 'green' : color 'black' : color 'green'

Another way is to edit the XML of the pad page and add query="" a parameter that is not available in the Editor. and will blink the button .. like..
query="loop_pad 1 ? blink : on"

geposted Sat 11 Mar 23 @ 3:24 pm
ty DJDAD for your answer.

First method is not working
The second one to change the mapping for the controller this query="loop_pad 1 ? blink : on" is not working,
my pad will blink when i use the mapping like this "pad 5 blink " so with this command my pad is blibking when my stem is on,but u see i want the pad to blink when the stem is off and to stay on without blinking when the stem is on,i dont want this to be confusing but stems are working like effects in reverse :D,im sure u know this.

if for this command "pad 5 blink " i add the "?" mark,my pad wont work even in my VD

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 12:01 pm
this is my mapping for pad 7"stem_pad 'vocal' & stem_pad 'instru'",i wanted to turn off both stems vocal,and insru on one pad
Now how can i make this pad blink when the stems are off(on for the song)and to stay full on when the stems are on(off for the song).

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 12:14 pm
Don't edit the MAPPING for pad. You must edit or create a PAD PAGE.
When you change the Mapping you cannot use PAD Pages with your Controller anymore.

( stem_pad 'vocal' ? stem_pad 'instru' ? blink : off : off ) & ( stem_pad 'vocal' & stem_pad 'instru' )

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 1:06 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :
Don't edit the MAPPING for pad. You must edit or create a PAD PAGE.
When you change the Mapping you cannot use PAD Pages with your Controller anymore.

( stem_pad 'vocal' ? stem_pad 'instru' ? blink : off : off ) & ( stem_pad 'vocal' & stem_pad 'instru' )

ty DennYo for answer.
The problem now is that the pad is blinking when the stems are on(off for the song) and it has no light when the stems are off(on for the song),i want the reverse for that,i want to blink when the stems are on for the song(off in VD) and to stay on(not blibking) when stems are off for the song(on on VD)

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 1:32 pm
( stem_pad 'vocal' ? stem_pad 'instru' ? on : blink :blink ) & ( stem_pad 'vocal' & stem_pad 'instru' )

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 1:46 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :
( stem_pad 'vocal' ? stem_pad 'instru' ? on : blink :blink ) & ( stem_pad 'vocal' & stem_pad 'instru' )

ty so much,is working
i have one more question,if i use this"? on : blink :blink" for any other pad will it work like in your exemple?

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 1:49 pm
you can also use only_stem 'melorhythm' for the combine vocal/instru off.

( only_stem 'melorhythm' ? blink : on ) & only_stem 'melorhythm'

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 1:51 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :
you can also use only_stem 'melorhythm' for the combine vocal/instru off.

( only_stem 'melorhythm' ? blink : on ) & only_stem 'melorhythm'

Thank you so much for the moment :D

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 2:02 pm
mariusflavius wrote :
DennYo Beats wrote :

ty so much,is working
i have one more question,if i use this"? on : blink :blink" for any other pad will it work like in your exemple?

first.. i have a little typo. there must a space between the : an the second blink.

The double blink comes from the double condition (?) when you have only one condition (?) you only need one blink.

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 2:24 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :
mariusflavius wrote :
DennYo Beats wrote :

ty so much,is working

first.. i have a little typo. there must a space between the : an the second blink.

The double blink comes from the double condition (?) when you have only one condition (?) you only need one blink.

let me understand ,for the next stem the code below is correct?

stem_pad 'vocal' ? on : blink

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 4:57 pm
mariusflavius wrote :
DennYo Beats wrote :
mariusflavius wrote :
DennYo Beats wrote :

ty so much,is working

let me understand ,for the next stem the code below is correct?

stem_pad 'vocal' ? on : blink

i tried the "stem_pad 'vocal' ? on : blink " code but it did not work from pad editor

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 6:39 pm

geposted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 7:12 pm

geposted Fri 17 Mar 23 @ 4:02 am