Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: video issue, cpu, ram, video card?
This issue is new the comp worked great for months, perhaps a year then this popped up a few weeks ago.
The comp specs exceide what VDJ requires and afaik everything is up to date.
Not most but some mp4 videos are better higher quality and cause the rymthm wave form across the top to studder making it useless, cueing is also effected, pretty annoying trying to keep the bangers flowing.
Audio playback from video seems unaffected however video playback will also studder or not play correctly.
There are several monitors running off this comp system.

So I am curious whats the likely culprit, I kind of doubt CPU but could some ram and or video card issue be causing it?

geposted Mon 22 May 23 @ 1:32 am
without knowing the computer's actual specs there's not much in the way of troubleshooting that can be done or even started. merely meeting or exceeding the recommended specs is not necessarily enough these days, especially if you're trying to use Stems 2.0 in real-time
that being said there are a few things you can try to smooth things out - precomputing stem files, fully disabling stems 2.0 or using reduced quality stems, setting skin and video FPS to 60fps in Options, making sure there's nothing else running on the computer at the time, turning wifi off, etc.

some suggested reading:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/249163/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/VirtualDJ_2023___Stems_2_0_-_FAQ.html

geposted Mon 22 May 23 @ 6:52 am
Many thanks,
I dont use stems I set it to do fashioned EQ.
Keeping in mind the system worked many months with no issues this popped up a few weeks back and only happens on the better quality videos.
I do not return to work until fri but will try the 60 fps setting at that time
I understand about wanting comp specs and you saying even "enough" might not be but I would be hard pressed to be convinced in this case any of the specs are suddenly now to blame when for months it worked fine.
I was more hoping someone else experienced the issue and said they tried this or that to fix it,
My off the cuff guess is maybe it lost some ram however I'm not savvy enough to "know" ram or too little would cause this. Or perhaps too much demand on the video card but again I'm not of the pay rate to know that's a possibility if were I wouldnt ask for help.
I'll check the specs fri too, I know its intel i5 then lets say the ram is in the teens or 20s I cant recall at the moment it's not really going to tell us anything is it since the problem just started,
I do know when my dancefloor is packed and I'm trying to mix off the rhythm form and cue etc and it's all acting balky it sucks.

geposted Mon 22 May 23 @ 9:12 am
Again, not enough information.

You say it only happens with "better quality" videos - well what resolution are they? For example if you usually play 720p and these "better" ones are 4K then probably your computer of unknown spec isn't up to the job.

Also, if it "worked for many months", was that with the same "better quality" videos?

geposted Mon 22 May 23 @ 4:48 pm

I guess I wasn't clear enough sorry, yes it's worked for I'm thinking at least a year with all videos of any quality, if it didnt then I would have been trouble shooting this sooner.
I will be sure to get full comp specs this weekend but how will that help, while admittedly I do not recall the specs past intel i5 in my head both ram count and video card were up to VDJs posted requirements.
I dont find comp specs all that big a piece to this puzzle at the moment since they were both working fine and more than vdj called for the fact it has worked fine then the problem just popped up tells me something changed since the comp specs didnt change i lean to things that change like....

Video card driver?
Windows 10 updates?
Decoding issue?
VDJ updates?
Ram issue?
???

Also if the VDJs posted comp requirements are not actually up to snuff then hopefully their tech team will look into that.

geposted Tue 23 May 23 @ 7:54 pm