Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can you vary the parameters of Color FX?
Using the context menu on the filter knob you can select a colorfx such as Echo. Can the Echo parameters be changed like regular FX? If so, how do I access them?

Also, on another note; are these mapped top my DDJ1000 or is it hardware only when using the controller?

Cheers!

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 10:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
effect_show_gui colorfx

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 10:20 am
Thanks Locodog!

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 10:44 am
locodog wrote :
effect_show_gui colorfx

I never really figured that one out
It seems to work as expected on for instance noise and flanger - but strange on filter

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 12:44 pm
There are some parameters that change automatically with the knobs rotation, which cannot be altered from the gui. Echo for instance alters the beat count as the knob rotates. I don't think you can set the beat count to, say, 3/4 and use the colorfxknob for the strength only

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 12:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It will indeed depend on the effect what other parameters will work properly (which is one of the reasons why opening the interface is not possible in the color fx list)

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 12:56 pm
I suppose you could code a knob to use the vdj audio fx, but this would be a difficult task I think. My idea would be to then map it to the ddj1000 color fx if that was possible...

Probably way too time consuming for my spare time...

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 1:06 pm
I am very impressed with the ability to color 1 of 3 stems in the color selector window.... very useful! It would be awesome if this could be adapted to use the current eqmode instead though.
I'm also trying to emulate the five stems using outer channel controls on my mixer, with limited success....but that's for a different thread! Haha!

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 1:12 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
...but strange on filter

filter isn't like other colorfx, it predates the colorfx slot, it's a hardcoded part of the eq engine, thus is always prefader, for this reason I have a virtualfx on my color slot, the virtualfx calls on the filter fx so I have filter control over postfader fx like echo & echo out [I use both as loop capture most often]

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 1:24 pm
Yes...
I guess it was time to just talk around that, and finally make a video on it - so that's what I did :)

geposted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 3:25 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
locodog wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
...but strange on filter

filter isn't like other colorfx, it predates the colorfx slot, it's a hardcoded part of the eq engine, thus is always prefader, for this reason I have a virtualfx on my color slot, the virtualfx calls on the filter fx so I have filter control over postfader fx like echo & echo out [I use both as loop capture most often]

how can you asign a virtualfx on a colorfx slot ?
Can you go deeper into how it works?
thanks

geposted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 5:53 am
just like this
deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'mfilter'

since different slotted fx need different .ini files [and the whole idea of virtualfx is the .ini file]
I made mfilter_1.ini
[_1 being the .ini for colorfx]

[autoparams]
Slider DIAL A 0=0
String DIAL A 1=filter & param_cast & effect_slider 'filter' 1 & nothing & param_equal `param_bigger filter 0.51` `param_smaller filter 0.49` ? effect_active 'filter' off : effect_active 'filter' on
String LABEL A 3=get effect_slider_text 'filter' 1
Slider DIAL B 2=2048
String DIAL B 5=
String LABEL B 6=
Slider DIAL C 4=2048
String DIAL C 7=
String LABEL C 12=
Switch BUTTON 1 8=0
String BUTTON 1 13=
Switch BUTTON 2 9=0
String BUTTON 2 14=
Switch BUTTON 3 10=0