Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: master volume controle on second soundcard
Hello,
i have a mixars quattro mixer and i want to control master volume on a another soundcard.
The master volume knob on the mixars is midi and i can set it as Master_volume.
If i set output master on the mixars the volume knob works as it should. I think its hardware controlled.
But if i set the output to another soundcard the volume stays the same if i turn the master volume knob on the mixars.
I can see the volume knob in virtualdj changing, but the volume output level stays the same.
Does anybody know if its possible to controle the master volume with the knob on my mixars with the output on another souncard.

greets,
Richard

geposted Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 8:52 pm
I just found the solution.
Fake_mixers has to be disabled after connecting the mixars quattro.

geposted Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 9:01 pm
I don't know what you're trying to achieve. If your objective is to use a different soundcard than the one built in your controller, then yes, fake_mixer (and all other fake actions) should be disabled.
If you want to use two soundcards at the same time then things get more complicated.
Disabling fake actions (like fake_mixer) will eventually change the curve your controls work on your controller.
Instead of linear they will change to squared since both the controller and the software will apply volume reduction at the same time.
Making things worse, is that the squared curves will be present only on your controller, while on your second soundcard you will get linear curves.

So, this particular controller is not the best option to ne used with a second soundcard running at the same time.

Maybe explain to us what you're after to see if we can provide better assistance.

geposted Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 9:29 pm
I try to explane.
The mixars quattro master volume knob has to controle the virtualdj master volume on another soundcard.
I think it will work with fake_mixer off. youre suggestion fake_master off i have to try.

geposted Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 10:01 pm
As I said, it's not that simple.
Are you still going to use the master output of Mixars ?

geposted Tue 18 Jul 23 @ 6:28 am