Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems 2.0 precompute sounds terrible
Hi all. I have an Asus laptop with core i5 1137 and 16gb ram, without discrete Gpu. In order to use Stems 2.0, I uploaded several files for pre-processing. After the program finished creating stems I got a terrible sound when using it. Much worse than using Stems 1.0. What could be the problem? I am attaching a couple of music files with stem files
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/_UHvEc16doXAsw

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:36 pm
If youre using the files with in vdj to mix go get the Loudmax plugin to use while vocals are solo'ed, I have mapped it where loudmax comes on when I solo the vocal stem, sounds a lot better, also adding some of the highhat stem helps with the vocal stem to give it more in the top range of the vocal frequency. Also I would give processing the original ABBA recording into stems a try to see if that gives a better file.

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 7:53 pm
Try the "Fresh Air" VST, sounds better then Loudmax.

Loudmax just gives it more volume, doesn't clean up any of the sound like Fresh Air does and its free...

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 10:05 pm
Did either of you listen to those stem files? A plugin isn't going to solve anything.

Although the vocal stem seems OK, the drums are horribly distorted and the other parts aren't great either.

I tried separating the original on my system and they came out clean, but I have NIVIDA graphics.

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 10:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
Did either of you listen to those stem files? A plugin isn't going to solve anything.

Although the vocal stem seems OK, the drums are horribly distorted and the other parts aren't great either.

I tried separating the original on my system and they came out clean, but I have NIVIDA graphics.

I've tried to precompute some files again and this time it's sounds good. I just can't understand why it went so bad first time, i left my laptop for 2 nights to prepare about 400 tracks and have got that garbage and now i need to do it again without 100% shure it goes well next time.

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 11:53 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Try the "Fresh Air" VST, sounds better then Loudmax.

Loudmax just gives it more volume, doesn't clean up any of the sound like Fresh Air does and its free...

I have fresh air, ow do I install it to VDJ

geposted Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 3:07 am
I just grabbed Fresh Air (with the usual convoluted procedure for free plugins) and can't get any output from it in VDJ. It runs, it's getting input from the track (meter is moving) but there's no output.

One for Adion I think.

geposted Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 10:10 am
Djratedxxx919, just move the VST file to your plugins folder.

Groovindj, On my Mac it works just fine but yeah after listening to the files it aint gonna help lol!!

geposted Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 2:39 pm