Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Issue with pitch
Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry my english is bad, I'm french...

I own a DJ CONTROL AIR + controller by Hercules and I've got an issue with it.
When I'm increasing or decreasing the pitch of my song, VDJ lowering the volume of my song. I don't know why the software do that but it's pretty anoying.
Can someone help me please ?

Thank you

Julien

geposted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 4:00 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

geposted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 4:20 am
Sorry but I don't understand what you want me to do... The option you showed me is used for ajudsting pitch range but not to upper the volume

geposted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 4:41 am
and maybe ther is a bug with the website because I can see only one of your answer but it said there is 2...

geposted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 4:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What locodog meant was to make sure you get the same results with the factory default Mapping, where the PITCH slider is assigned as pitch_slider (and just that)

geposted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 7:08 am
Thank you for answering, sorry I diden't saw it earlier. Indeed when I use the factory mapping it solves my problem.
What I did that should make this issue is mapping SAM_1 with <<pitch range '12%'>> and SAM_2 with <<pitch range '50%'>>, I'm guessing that this is wrong and it lowering the volume with this code. Any idea what code i should input to get the same result without my volume lowering down ? Thanks

geposted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 11:14 pm
user28546371 wrote :
Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry my english is bad, I'm french...

I own a DJ CONTROL AIR + controller by Hercules and I've got an issue with it.
When I'm increasing or decreasing the pitch of my song, VDJ lowering the volume of my song. I don't know why the software do that but it's pretty anoying.
Can someone help me please ?

Thank you

Julien

By the way, there is a bug with pitch quality, at least on PC. The only good quality in settings, that doesn't spoils sound -is "1". But accordingly description, pitch quality "1" - means lowest quality, "4" - best quality. But in fact, "2,3, and 4" sounds awfull and lower the volume when you even change pitch just a little bit.
I already wrote about this here, but the developers don’t pay attention to it, although it’s a critical bug

geposted Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 6:17 pm
gegenava wrote :
"2,3, and 4" sounds awfull and lower the volume

It must be something specific to your computer or equipment then, because I'm getting no such problem here.

Windows 11 running latest VDJ build, pitch quality set to 4.

geposted Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 7:05 pm
groovindj wrote :
gegenava wrote :
"2,3, and 4" sounds awfull and lower the volume

It must be something specific to your computer or equipment then, because I'm getting no such problem here.

No, because I have tried clean installation on another laptop, the same problem. Do you have mac or pc, by the way?

If you have pc, you can just play any modern track with good beat, change pitch a little (master tempo shoud be "on" ofcourse) and go to settings and try setting "1" and "4" and listen different while song is playing

geposted Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 7:08 pm