Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDj latest update messing up my music list
mysticaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi all,

I have just updated to the latest version of VDJ.
I noticed my playlist is now in alphabetical order which not how I want it to be. Everytime I tried to put my folder lists how I want it, it keeps going back to alphabetical order. Is there a way I can keep my list the way i prefer it? Or how can I reverse to the previous vdj pdate which was good for me? Thanks

geposted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 10:02 am

geposted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 5:34 pm[ selected best answer by Stephane Clavel on Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 5:35 pm ]
mystica wrote :
not how I want it to be

How do you want it to be?

mystica wrote :
how I want it

How do you want it?

mystica wrote :
the way i prefer it

How do you prefer it?

geposted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 1:45 pm
mystica wrote :
Hi all,

I noticed my music playlist folderis now in alphabetical order which nott how I want it to be. Everytime I tried to put my folder lists how I want it, it keeps going back to alphabetical order. Is there a way I can keep my list the way i prefer it? Or how can I reverse to the previous vdj pdate which was good for me? Thanks

geposted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 2:04 pm
mystica wrote :
Hi all,

I noticed my playlist is now in alphabetical order which not how I want it to be. Everytime I tried to put my folder lists how I want it, it keeps going back to alphabetical order. Is there a way I can keep my list the way i prefer it? Or how can I reverse to the previous vdj pdate which was good for me? Thanks
It should definitely keep the order if your move the folders around.
Which folders are giving you a problem, you're talking about lists in MyLists, or about physical folders in Local Music ?

geposted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 2:53 pm

geposted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 3:01 pm
Yes it's the physical folder in my music list.

I did tried to move them how I want them organise but whenever I cllicked back on my music folder list, it's back to alphabetical, weird!

geposted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 4:11 pm
indeed, there is a bug specifically when reordering inside MyMusic folder.
It's fixed for the next build.
thank you for reporting it.

geposted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 8:22 pm
All my saved playlist history is missing too :(

Is there a way I can reverse to the previous update plz ?

geposted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 9:34 pm
Could some post a link to the previous version? I need my playlist history bad 😢

Ty

geposted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 10:10 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
mystica wrote :

Click on Ideas. For some strange reason it's there.

geposted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 1:37 pm
Thanks, I will have a look

geposted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 1:56 pm
sorry where can i find 'ideas' ?

geposted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 4:00 pm

Selected as best answer geposted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 5:34 pm
Solved. Thanks

geposted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 8:46 am
Stephane Clavel wrote :

Some are complaining about alphabetical ordering. The 2024 b8095 update complete screwed up my installation. The database was hosed, I can't see my playlists... about 50 of them created by genre, BPM, etc. Unfreakin believable. Thankfully I always have a backup laptop.

I'm in IT and I get moving to XML... the rest of the world has... but there should have been a much cleaner migration. This is ridiculous.

From the forum post: "4) The playlists that used to be in Lists&Advice/Playlists have been automatically converted to a new format (xml instead of m3u). While this is transparent for most users,"

Well it wasn't transparent for me.

Please advise.

geposted Sat 13 Apr 24 @ 12:50 pm
mystica wrote :

Ditto! Piss me off. Great time to find my f'ing playlists and history are gone and yet I read the forum and I know about the migration to 'My Lists'

Thanks for causing a very rough start to my gig last night. What a crappy way to find out about new 'features' and how about a graceful rollback option if the installation does not go well?

geposted Sat 13 Apr 24 @ 12:53 pm