Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: sound problem, sometimes the sound pauses for a split second
Hello.
I have VirtualDJ 8.5.7921
laptop on which I listen to music
ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506NF
HexaCore AMD Ryzen 5 7535HS, 4325 MHz (43.25 x 100)
AMD K19.4 Audio Adapter - Audio Processor
Video adapter NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050 (4 GB)
the technical characteristics should allow me to do whatever I want in the program. When the program is running, the processor is not loaded above 40%.
I didn’t encounter such problems on my old computer with very poor characteristics.
BIOS updated. The drivers are all new, from the official Asus website.
I originally installed Windows11 and I constantly had problems with sound.
I reinstalled the drivers, changed the settings - all to no avail. I decided to install Windows10, which works fine on my old computer.
The problems on Windows10 have almost disappeared, but still occasionally there is stuttering for a split second. this is very annoying to the ear.
I don't know how to attach a video demonstrating "stuttering".
what could be wrong? what should I do?

geposted Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 8:01 am
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/azLN/nVRFqzQ6n
I am attaching a link to the video. (I cut the video, left the moment of “stuttering” of the sound. The fourth second of the video, if you listen, you can clearly hear the sound stopping. The problem is NOT IN THE TRACK. When you listen again, there is no stop at this point.

geposted Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 8:07 am
Have you checked with Latency Mon ?

geposted Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 11:14 am
Conclusion: Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

geposted Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 6:37 pm
The program Latency Mod says to turn off WiFi, update the BIOS. I followed both tips, but it didn’t give any results. After turning off WiFi for 65 minutes everything was fine. I was already starting to be happy with what happened and then... the “stuttering” again, the bars in the program turned red....

geposted Sat 20 Apr 24 @ 7:11 pm
Some laptops are just bad for latency. Try installing the ultimate performance power plan and activate that.

geposted Sat 20 Apr 24 @ 7:29 pm
I have it set to maximum performance mode. All energy saving modes are disabled. All settings are at maximum performance.
All drivers are updated from the official website, BIOS is latest, WiFi is disabled. There are no devices in the USB ports. I tried to exclude ALL possible options, but it did not bring any results.

geposted Sat 20 Apr 24 @ 8:39 pm
Bin it and get another laptop. I had to do that with several machines.

geposted Sat 20 Apr 24 @ 8:58 pm
what is the soundcard latency set to?

i would increase that before i throw anything away

also just a FYI there have been latency issues with some AMD Laptops

geposted Sat 20 Apr 24 @ 10:51 pm
please tell me where are the audio delay settings? are these delays in the virtual or delays in the laptop's sound card? in versions 8.5, I did not find where to set delays so that the sound on the dance floor and the sound in the headphones match. They didn't give me any good answers from tech support. they only said to use wired headphones to reduce delays. I cannot understand how it is possible that a NEW 2023-year-old vehicle with top-end characteristics can create such a mess...

geposted Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 8:01 am
On April 18, a new version of the bios was released. I noticed it only today (04/21/2024). I installed the update. the sound has become much better. The delays almost disappeared, but LatencyMon showed a problem with the drivers again after two hours of music playback. but this time the scale is not as red as before))) now the problem does not create much inconvenience, but the problem is still present.

geposted Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 4:45 pm
Look in BIOS and disable everything not necessary. Turn off all ethernet / wifi / onboard audio (if using external soundcard or controller)

geposted Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 8:12 pm
MellpotPRO InfinityMember since 2013

geposted Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 10:01 pm
Turning off Windows Defender (the second video) is NOT advisable!

geposted Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 10:47 pm