Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to EMPTY VDJ cache with Tidal ?
Dear Technical team,
I recently tested the Tidal DJ subscription and it's awesome :) I have now access to unlimited tracks in real time, which is incredibly powerfull in weddings.

Sometimes i go to places without internet connection. In that case, i download the tracks into Cache offline. It worked great with 500 songs.

My question is How to empty the VDJ cache ? i tried to right click on the "offline cache" section with the right button, hoping to find an empty cache option. But i found nothing. In other word, i would like to delete the songs in my cache to save space on my laptop.

Hope it's clear :)
Thanks for your help :)

geposted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 11:47 am
Select the song(s) instead and right-click -> remove from cache

geposted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 11:50 am
no right click option to remove cache???

geposted Mon 12 Aug 24 @ 9:27 pm
I have Tidal with the DJ extension. I've just tried George's suggestion right click and delete works as well as in batch mode (3 tunes tried). I have 270 files in the cache, the display in the browser was reduced to 267 and the tunes were removed from the browser. However, leaving the folder and/or shutting down VirtualDJ then returning to the cache, the numbers returned to 270. The 3 tunes were displayed again but had changed colour from green to red and the Tag Editor showed no filename just the tidal code for it. Right click gave the option to download to cache again. So, the question is - have they been removed to free up space or not?

I also found some info suggesting that the cache holds a maximum of 1,000 files, but I'm not sure about this. Anybody have a clue?

geposted Mon 12 Aug 24 @ 10:13 pm
Yes its 1000 Tracks for Beatport's offline cache..

Tidal is only limited by the size of your disc... or the Tidal library.. lol
(no limit)

I have not deleted Tidal cached tracks lately.. but Tidal cached tracks are more a-kin to real "local" tracks (just with a DRM that needs refreshing).
Stems can be pre-computed etc..
So just delete them as you would any local track.
and the will appear in the recycle bin etc , just as if deleting any local track .

hope that helps

PS
there have been some improvements to Tidal's cache in VDJ . (with reqards to poi's being reverted back to the online version of the track, when one deletes the cached track. etc) and guess should test again before answering in forum.. :)

geposted Mon 12 Aug 24 @ 10:24 pm
jorgevPRO SubscriberMember since 2023
Hi, Can anyone confirm there is no limit for Tidal tracks in the offline cache? I have been looking for that info but so far found no confirmation. Some say 500 songs, some say 1.000 (obviously depends on the total GB). Thanks!

geposted Tue 20 Aug 24 @ 9:35 am
The only info I have on the limit of Tidal Cache is from IIDEEJAYII's post above yours.🤷‍♂️

geposted Wed 21 Aug 24 @ 12:11 am
To delete, select all the songs, right click, select
(file operation) and delete

geposted Sat 24 Aug 24 @ 5:35 pm