Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Removed missing files in filter folders still showing up.
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
When using a filter folder missing files are still showing up in the list. How do I prevent this? I used the "remove missing files from database" option and the files are still showing up... and ofc when they are loaded there is an error.

geposted Sun 04 Aug 24 @ 2:24 pm
szemekPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I'd recommend to use some code editor and search for all occurrences in VirtualDJ directory with database.xml and other files. I'd expect that you may find something in database.xml, History playlists. Maybe there are also leftovers in Playlists/MyLists.

Before removing anything from files you found, make a backup.

geposted Mon 05 Aug 24 @ 7:45 am
szemek wrote :
I'd recommend to use some code editor and search for all occurrences in VirtualDJ directory with database.xml and other files. I'd expect that you may find something in database.xml, History playlists. Maybe there are also leftovers in Playlists/MyLists.

Before removing anything from files you found, make a backup.

Thank you for your reply. I have I back ups thankfully. I have no idea why when i search for songs or create a filter folder, songs in databases show up that have been long gone and I have removed them from the search DB several times to no avail. I have no idea what a code editor is no do I understand what you mean by "leftovers" I uninstalled the software and re installed it and just started over.

geposted Mon 05 Aug 24 @ 11:19 am
You can use Notepad ++ to edit .xml files. It has a very good search feature, and it's free. (Not MS)

In fact it's a great non specific script editor for anything.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/

geposted Wed 07 Aug 24 @ 10:28 am
I have a similar issue. My files and home folder are on D drive, but VDJ still keeps creating a database on C drive for songs that have never been on this laptop and were temporarily downloaded and haven't been physically there or played in years. If I delete the database, remove desktop from DB and make sure everything is gone it just comes back again.

I'm at a complete loss as there is no logical explanation as to where VDJ is getting that information from.

geposted Wed 07 Aug 24 @ 10:47 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Probably a History list?

geposted Wed 07 Aug 24 @ 10:49 am
So if I click on a history from say 2016 it will automatically create DB entries?

That would probably explain it then.

geposted Wed 07 Aug 24 @ 10:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, they should automatically be marked as not present though, and after using 'remove missing from search db' they should not show up in searches anymore either

geposted Wed 07 Aug 24 @ 10:58 am
Adion wrote :
Yes, they should automatically be marked as not present though, and after using 'remove missing from search db' they should not show up in searches anymore either

Mine are still showing up after even a fresh install. Its frustrating when i do a filter folder and files are being added that are not there even after several attempts to remove them from the searchDB. Perhaps its not removing them because they dont even exist to remove..idk

geposted Wed 07 Aug 24 @ 2:29 pm
Not a solution, but you know that you can filter out non existing files from your filters, right ?
Just use exists=1 on your filter criteria..

geposted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 9:32 am
djjoe21PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have noticed these almost always seem to be in the History files. Only way I know to fix is to edit the XML to fix it.

geposted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 5:59 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Not a solution, but you know that you can filter out non existing files from your filters, right ?
Just use exists=1 on your filter criteria..

I added that condition to my filter folder and all the non existing files still came up. Perhaps its because "exists" doesn't exist on the list of options from the dropdown, I had to add that in the advance options..idk.

geposted Mon 12 Aug 24 @ 11:14 am