Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: BPM doubled/quadroupled on new laptop
Please help me out here!

I bought a new laptop and now use my main laptop as backup. I've installed VirtualDJ and transfered my music collechtion to the new laptop. And al of the sudden, most of my BPMs are doubled or quadroupled.

Even when I copy files to an USB-stick and load it on my new laptop, VirtualDJ reads the BPM's different. This is done, without giving the command to read, reload or recurse the info.

PS. The I've seen the tips on using on selecting and changing via TagEditor, but this does not work, since there are a lot of files.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Eelco
DJ Boppin' Cooter Brown

geposted Sun 06 Oct 24 @ 12:37 pm
Did you use the inbuilt backup/restore function to move everything over?

It's explained in the user manual.

geposted Sun 06 Oct 24 @ 1:09 pm
Thanks for the suggestion.

The files are transfered via BestSync. The BPM-tags are 95% hand added.

When I open the explorer on my new laptop, to look at the files and their info, they still have the original hand-added BPM's. My new copy of VirtualDJ just reads/displays them falsely.

So no changes have been made to the files themselves.

geposted Sun 06 Oct 24 @ 1:33 pm
It's the database.xml file that keeps all the BPM info etc. VDJ only reads the file tags initially then stores it's own information and any changes in the software to the database file.

geposted Sun 06 Oct 24 @ 1:52 pm
I've copied the entire VirtualDJ file, without the settings, as stated in the manual for backups etc. There is no change. The files are in windows still marked as they where tapped, and on my new laptop read as twice or four times the bpm they are tapped..

geposted Sun 06 Oct 24 @ 2:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Depending on the drive the files were on, the database may be on the drive. So the best way to make sure all database entries are copied correctly is using a database backup on the first computer and a database restore on the new computer

geposted Sun 06 Oct 24 @ 3:32 pm
Adion wrote :
Depending on the drive the files were on, the database may be on the drive. So the best way to make sure all database entries are copied correctly is using a database backup on the first computer and a database restore on the new computer

That did the trick!!!

Also..Synchronise the drive letters and numbers on the new laptop!!

geposted Wed 09 Oct 24 @ 7:11 pm