Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: An AtomixMP3 kopycat? - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Since I purchased the full version of AtomixMP3, if AtomixMP3 1.2 = DJ Mixstation

I will release my own crack for it that WILL allow people to use more than to output devices or headphones and stuff just to piss them off... how? easy... I have the shareware's EXE file and I have the full version's EXE file.... I'll simply make a patch that changes the differents bytes...

I will also _fuck_ that message board... believe me or not, but I'm a professional long way message board slayer. My worshippers WILL do all the dirthy work....

But if Atomix MP3 1.2 will be released for us, I won't...

geposted Wed 24 Oct 01 @ 11:03 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I wouldn't rush out to buy this new software wearing the Atomix logo. Atomix promised us before we bought the current version that we would get upgrades. It's been a long time in the making, I'm thinking that it must be pretty darn good. I also am holding on to hope abd perhaps blind faith that they will be true to their word and supply all of us registered users with whatever new product they have come up with.

Keep The Faith

Rick

geposted Wed 24 Oct 01 @ 11:07 pm
What I believe could've happened is that Atomix sold or licensed their technology to eJay to produce a "light" version to market to the masses.

Think about this for a second - the Atomix Team knows they have a great product on their hands but little marketing muscle to push it out. In partnering with eJay, they get a whole new reach across all corners of the globe.

I do believe the Atomix Team has a much more professional version that they'll continue to market under their own brand. This version will most likely contain the dual soundcard, 3d soundcard, and external mixer support.

Wild speculation aside, I do feel a great sense of resolve since the last few months have really been in a limbo for all of us die-hard Atomixmp3 fans.

Casper

geposted Wed 24 Oct 01 @ 11:10 pm
If they sold the software already, how could they give free updates away... Of course I'm hoping that they'll kepp their promise and that they will send us the new version for free...
As far as I see it eJay DJ Mix Station is shipped with 500 samples and extras... Going to be hard to download the "upgrade" by Internet, so they need to put it on a CD instead... I find it hard to believe that Atomix will send out a CD to everyone that bought the software.
I'm tired of waiting, that's why I bought the software tonight...

// Nick

geposted Wed 24 Oct 01 @ 11:17 pm
No, I don't think this is a light version of AtomixMP3 - it's the full version... Just check the features of DJ MixStation and you'll see ! All the features that we've been discussing the last 6 months in this forum is added. Maybe there will be a future version with support for 3D cards etc (a free upgrade maybe !!! HA HA HA).

Feel fucked !

geposted Wed 24 Oct 01 @ 11:35 pm
Casper - I believe you could be right. DJ Mix Station 'could' be a light version of Atomix 1.2, which would explain why we have not yet received the free upgrade. Maybe the full 'Atomixmp3' version is still being beta-tested, but a light version has already been completed and is on sale now, which would also explain the cheaper price. I just hope that if this scenario is true, we have not been kept waiting due to the development and completion of a 'light' version for a different software company.

Another possibility is that Ejay were given permission to use certain parts of Atomix's code to use in their own mixing program with dedicated Ejay programmers filling the gaps as it were, and adding extra functions. Maybe Ejay were merely given permission to use the beat-matching algorithm and the visual layout of Atomixmp3.

There is so much that can be speculated upon, and so many possibilities, it really is necessary if not imperative that the Atomix Team give us the real details, it is not good to let us fill the blanks with our own ideas, as it produces confusion and disallusion. We must be informed, it appears emotions are running high on here, a few sentences of reliable, open and honest information could stop this.

And to Nick - Looking forward to you receiving your copy of the Ejay program, don't forget to keep us informed!

MiXmAsTeR

geposted Wed 24 Oct 01 @ 11:46 pm
MiXmAsTeR and all other users - I'll let you know as soon as I've recieved the package from UPS, that a _promise_ (not one of those weak promises given by Atomix).
I think you're wrong regarding the "light" version:

1. If they wanted to release a light version, why not release the 1.12 under the eJay brand ?! It's still a really good software that could be sold in millions of copies if it came out on the market for real...

2. eJay wasn't given some of the sourcecode for AtomixMP3, neither did they buy the beat-matching system. DJ MixStation is a product of the same people that did AtomixMP3 and VirtualDJ. Look at all the details, the magic wind (i compared the one on the webpage with the one in AtomixMP3 in PhotoShop), the minimize, maximize, close symbols in the upper right corner, the beatmatching visualisation etc...

It's a deep shame that we had to find it out for ourselves... I think all would have accepted this much much better if Yan-X or someone for the AtomixMP3 team have told us the truth. I've would have accepted to pay £20 for the upgrade (of course I wouldn't be happy about it, but still - it's a really good software so...), and I think many other users would have accepted it as well...

Now, I'm just laughing about it ! 8 months of waiting is over...

I've got a shipping number from DigitalRiver, I'll call them first thing in the morning to make sure that the software is on it's way....!!

// Nick

// Nick

geposted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 12:00 am
Very interesting stuff we have here. Oh and Nick, when you do get the program, let us know if it can be hooked up to an external mixer. There was a comment made by mama (I think) that it could not. Thanks.

Miguel Sanchez

geposted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 1:19 am
Guess what !!!! The software hasn't been released yet and they don't know the date when they are going to start ship it... Sounds just like our freinds at Atomix !!! Strange...

Still waiting for some news from the Atomix team...

// Nick

geposted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 1:43 pm
Ah Ha! Hasn't been released yet, that makes sense, as V1.2 apparently is still not ready. So October 19 had been the planned release date, I expect for both Atomix (upgrade) and for Ejay. But since Atomix have already proved that they can't keep to deadlines, they have messed up again, and now Ejay can't release 1.2 under their name either.

I expect or at least hope that on the same day Ejay do have the product ready to ship, all people who have purchased Atomix will receive their upgrade. Still interesting to note that Ejay are selling 1.2 for £20...

For all people who are expecting the 1.2 upgrade and who have already placed an order for Ejay Mix Station - I would advise cancelling the order, as I really think that Ejay will simply be shipping Atomix 1.2, and if you are going to receive an upgrade anyway, you'll be wasting money. That's assuming that Atomix will give you the upgrade at the same time Ejay have it, of which I am doubtful...

I still can't believe that the Atomix Team saw any reason for not telling us about this. Can anyone put forward a theory on why this was all kept so secret?

MiXmAsTeR

geposted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 2:03 pm
atomix rules

geposted Mon 24 Jun 02 @ 3:51 pm
atomix rules

atomix rules

atomix rules

atomix rules

sorry about that, my connection stopped so i click on the button a lot of times, didn't think that would happen

geposted Mon 24 Jun 02 @ 3:52 pm
sorry about that, my connection stopped so i click on the button a lot of times, didn't think that would happen

Did i do it agin?

Did i do it agin?

Did i do it agin?

49%