Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: LOL! Do you guys really think you are real DJ's? - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

VERY well said;)

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 9:11 pm
Hehe, thanks :) Just getting annoyed that this topic keeps coming, so thought I'd stand my ground :) And I *am* looking forward to that 3D Holographic mixing... (Version 5.0 perhaps?? ;) )

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 9:50 pm
loool! ;)

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 10:33 pm
The future of the DJ its more likely video mixing:) at least in the distant future...

like Coldcut already are...

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 10:50 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
wow holographic mixing ..sounds like something outta star trek..hate to see much pc's will cost by then

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 10:50 pm
Yep,

I agree as Technology gets easier, more and more traditional Dj's will integrate new hardware and software.

When Hip-Hop breakbeats were being born in the late 60's and early 70's, it was the Disco Dj's and the Dancehall Dj's that influenced a group of youth such as Kool Herc, Baambata, and Flash from the Bronx to begin experimenting with Breakbeats and tweaking traditional turntables. Sure, at the beginning they were looked down upon by older more established Dj's but then everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Same with CD's...same argument, years later respectable Dj's are mixing and scratching with CD's.

Today its MP3's, tomorrow its MP3's and Video with programs such as
RESOLUME, VJMAXX, UNION, VEGAS, NEON are making it easier to go from being DJ's to VJ's.

As long as the software doesn't make it obsolete to have someone manipulate the sound to move the crowd, we should see some interesting things down the future. In many ways, Virtual Dj is making history along with other programs and hardware that is being developed.

So as folks say, take a chill pill...drop the needle, or CD player, or Laptop space bar, and chill to the sounds of the future. LOL!

Cuidate!
Batibiri

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 1:19 am
Here's a strange idea.

Forget about beatmatching and think about entertaining the crowd. If a computer frees us up to do more of that we'll be better DJs, and make more money. Beatmixing is only a means to an end, keeping people on the floor while we hit them with the next fantastic track.

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 12:14 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Looks like an old post opening old wounds ;o)

Seriously, what I have found (as a relatively recent DJ of 18months) is that VDJ enables you to a: be more inventive with mixes and b: enable more time being spent on tune selection/(dynamic) set planning during a gig.

Vinyl is dead
CDs are stale
long live lappies :o)

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 3:24 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Vinyl is alive and well.

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 3:36 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004

*puts on teflon suit* :oP

...was just being as antaganistic as the original poster ;o)

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 5:35 pm
Darth Vader is a dj... Not a teflon suit, but close ;) hehe

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 5:55 pm
even God is a dj...

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 6:08 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :))))))))))))))))))))))) i like it :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 6:31 pm
Hahaha, nice one DJ-in-Norway ;) Where do you come up with this stuff??

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 9:49 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
wow i knew god had to be a dj

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 9:54 pm
DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To the person who started this post in the first place. Your comment about big clubs only incorporating turntables and a mixer in their club, you should check ur facts first, because ALOT of the major clubs in New York City are now equipped with the Stanton Final Scratch "box" or soundcard in the club, along with the standard turntable and mixer. So many dj's now simply bring their laptop and control records. So before u come in this post getting out your frustrations and insecurities on the people in this forum, you should check ur facts and stop trying to sound intelligent.

geposted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 6:08 pm
the guy who started the thread did so 5 years a go ;)

Its an old thread that someone brought up from the dark... hehe

geposted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 6:31 pm
...side ;)

OO

geposted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 7:51 pm
brilliant these videos mate from norway ;)

geposted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 9:08 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
bands and artists dissed synths as instuments for a while and also multi track recording and editing later, one of Queens albums shouts about how they mastered the whole album without any synths or splicing of music on the creddits. today even our little band recorded our album on protools, its all just a natural progression to methods with more flexibility

geposted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 10:23 pm
76%