Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: atomix went from something to nothing read this one guys

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i had atomixmp3 for about 2 weeks and was begining to use the software. It was so simple and since i am a dj myself i liked knowing where every point of the song was like turntables you can use your hands. i like the visual mix as well as the setup for songs and ailty t do alot of features such as record to wav. and easy playback. HOWEVER if the smae guys devloped atomixmp3 version 2.0 did 1.15 i have to say take yourtime with making a program. I think 2.0 sucks its like a toy for a child and im a PRO disc jockey. it was skipping and the effects were dumb and i need to mix not look at silly plugin visual effects. I do like the devlorpers and all i ask is that your next version of your programs is for a dj "disk jockey" and maybe some more features. i know its hard to understand but i use turntables make me wanna use atomixmp3 and maybe people will like it alot more thanks though for version 1.15 it saved my day. oh and yea i still have a copy of it i burned it to my blank cd version 1.15 that is...........................

thanks, dj hype mic

geposted Thu 14 Mar 02 @ 7:07 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I think that you will be happy with the release of 2.1, did you also see the news on the home page. The team is releasing a pro version with a hardware controller. I am a beta tester so I may not speak of 2.1 but I can say it out does 1.12 and 2.0. They have worked very hard to fix all the bugs.

DJ Homeboy

geposted Thu 14 Mar 02 @ 7:45 pm
Same for me... I can't say anything but trust me, you won't be disapointed... the next version IS proffesional.

geposted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 2:51 am
OK .... these are top things in which people complain about the most in atomix:

- No Hardware Compatibility
- Poor Sound Quality !!!!!
- Doesn't Read Audio CD's
- Needs a Turntable Brake
- No Scratching Capabilities

If you take a look at the HISTORY tab of the FEATURES page ... you will a list of features added and fixed for 2.1 !!!! All the things listed above had been added or improved !!!!!!

- Numark's DMC controller compatible with Atomix Pro
- Sound Quality Improved
- Ability to read Audio CD's
- Wicked Turntable brake effect
- "The closed thing you can get to vinyl" Scratching capabilities and more

And many other things which maked it stand out above the res.

With all these things, Atomix will be the best DJ software for Live mixing !!!!! Better than tracktor, PCDJ, SoundGraph, MixVibes, you name it ... Atomix is better than it. (Don't compare it to soundforge and acid ... since they are complicated remixing programs that take months to master).

Get my point ?

geposted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 3:08 am
If you don't like the look of Atomix, just try another skin like the Classic one.

geposted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 4:05 am
Hmmm, the original poster's message says to 'take more time' in regards to the 1.12 to 2.0 version . It took them an entire year, so how long is 'more time'??? 5 years between versions?

One thing that I must ask is why does 2.1 correct so many bugs in 2.0 when 2.0 was suposed to have been 'extensively' beta tested? We had to wait ages while 5 or so beta testers played with version 2.0. Maybe the users were right when we said that more people should have been allowed to try the beta, especially since none of the beta testers for 2.0 discovered the crackling problem that too many users are now complaining of, including myself.

The level of bugs in 2.0 is indicative of a lack of people testing the beta, pure and simple. Not enough people means not enough different machine configurations for the program to be tested on, hence the fact that the crackling problem was not discovered and rectified. Had I released any product with that kind of crackling on the audio, apart from realising I should have more beta testers, I would have immediately released a 2.01 patch to remedy just the audio problem, especially taking into account that Atomix is purely for audio!

The MAIN aspect of the program was and still is dysfunctional yet we've had to wait over 3 months for a patch that claims to resolve it because that patch encompasses lots of other upgrades and bug fixes. This is silly, the main bug that made the program appear poor was/is the crackling therefore it should have been dealt with first and foremost.

But hey, just give me some abuse, it's easier. What do I know, I'm just a customer and user of the program.

geposted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 1:43 pm
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
How is that anonymous guy that is snitching about the beta version 2.1, whe didn't suppose to talk about it.

And for dj hype mic, you don't have to juse all the new featers, but you have home users and allround users how love the new featers.
There are people like me that wanne use atomixmp3 at home in the bar as a jukebox on the slower night's and as a cool mixer on the busy night's, i love the samples to use it for jingels i like the effects to juse plugins like the turntable brake or the compressor and other people like the visuals amybe too hook on a bigscreen in the bar??

Grtz SalVa

geposted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 8:37 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
ugh. i'll say it like this:

what's a better, more professional MP3 mixing utility with any sort of features?? PCDJ? haha... it's not half as stable, it's expensive, and it lacks features. Traktor? Talk about unstable. VTT? talk about old...

atomixmp3 is the best you will get in it's class.

2.1 is a different world people... and it's close! you'll dig it bigtime ;)

-nate

geposted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 9:40 pm
Salva - Learn to speak English before trying to put me down on the English forum.

Nobody was speaking to me when they posted those messages? You are erroneously presupposing that 'anybody' knew of my existence when writing the posts so as to be able to not 'talk' to me, as you put it. Where is your proof that nobody was talking to me?

I will make statements on this forum whenever and however I like. Now, Salva, go back to the Spic message forum and leave people here alone. Vaya.

My original post stands as it makes sense and is correct in it's conclusions. I believe it to be far superior than the response it got: "Blah blah anonymous person...not talking to him..." was as much as I could decipher of the poor grammar.

It was classic pontification due to inability to present a logical argument. Dumb Spic.

geposted Sat 16 Mar 02 @ 1:00 pm
I could never use Atomix on the road. It's not stable enough.
I'd rather spend the money and get something that works well.
I keep trying other players and testing them out. I was recently testing D-Vinyl but that needs more development.
I always end up back at the same product. PCDJ.
If you want to be able to mix 2 tracks well and be stable, that way the only way to go for me.

DJUtopia

geposted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 4:36 am
I see your all of your points but the one about stability. I've used Atomix at least 30 times live, for more than 7 hours almost each time, not once did it crash.

geposted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 3:17 pm
Stability?! I have NEVER had Atomixmp3 crash. I honestly don't know of anyone using Atomix who I speak to on the internet who has had Atomix crash, it is extremely stable. I think one of the best points about Atomix for people who use the program live is that it can be trusted not to fail.

If you are experiencing system instability when using Atomix I would recommend you check your system for problems, as that is more likely to be the cause. Try another system with Atomix, just to see how well it runs.

PCDJ is one of the worst programs I have ever had the misfortune to try. It is time-consuming to master, hogs system resources like nobody's business and is slow even when running on a relatively new and speedy machine. Atomix has ease of use, uncluttered layout and does what it says on the tin. Don't condemn Atomix to the rubbish heap until you have experienced it on a stable system. Certainly don't consign it to history until you have tried version 2.1 which I have heard is extremely good.

Later.

geposted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 6:28 pm
I totally AGREE !!! I have NEVER had atomix freeze up on me, and I have used the program for a year and a half ?! The only reason possible that would make atomix crash would be other programs running in the background. As long as you have no other programs running and a stable OS (XP or 2000), it will run smoothly 99.9999 % of the time.

geposted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 6:53 pm
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
He anonymous
I didn't tell people that the shouldn't speak to you?,
And why do you have to call me a spic????.
Don't be so rude!, And i am so sorry my English is so bad that you misunderstud me.

Grtz SalVa

geposted Tue 19 Mar 02 @ 12:01 am
Salva, I was in a bad mood and I apologise for saying what I said. I misread your post and made an idiot of myself.

Your English is very good by the way.

Sorry again.

geposted Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 1:34 pm
ignorance,

PCDJ is by far the best I've tried, I use it every weekend for a crowd of a thousand plus. I know many clubs and professional jocks that use this one....and they have the best presence at DJ trade shows. But I'm sure most of the atomix crowd know nothing about that.....

I have a 500 mhz celeron that runs PCDJ flawlessly, and has for over a year. I'm no bedroom jock, and use all the functions of PCDJ live when I perform...beat matching, looping, breaking...etc. Everything they place in the program is 100% usable live. Sorry cats, but automix is not in the same league as PCDJ, Traktor, BPM studios, or mixvibes. Just a toy in comparison. I have yet to see a single Atomix user in a live club...but I know Nicky Holloway, LTJ Bukem, Rabbit in the Moon, and more, use PCDJ at EVERY gig. It's no joke folks...and they are about to release there PCDJ RED FX release, which will blow the competiton out of the water...as my friend on their beta test team has told me.

Majic button? come on now, learn to beat match...like a man. Besides this, Atomix has no balls.....

geposted Tue 08 Oct 02 @ 9:33 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)