Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hi Everyone (noobie question)...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi there!

Just looking around on the web at work for alternatives to PCDJ as on my PC the sound all breaks up after mixing about 2 songs...

I'll be downloading the Atomix demo tonight and if it works well enough I'll be buying the software this evening :D

Just a quick question first before i jump on in... Will my system run it well?

1ghz AMD thunderbird
256meg of PC133 RAM
Abit KT7A raid motherboard
Herc GeForce 3
SB Live! Value (thats what im unsure about)
2*30 gig IMB Telesto ATA 100 drives

Thnx guys :)

geposted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 4:26 pm
You shouldn't have any problems..
It runs perfect on systems with lower spec's than yours..

I'm currently using the 2.1 demo at work on a 500MHz system with 128 Mb RAM and a shitty OEM-soundcard and graphics-card (both built in and neither of them are of good quality) and it just skips a bit if I attempt to drag/scratch either of the tracks.. if I turn off the scratch-option and don't drag the songs around back and forth to much it works fairly OK.

At home I have a 900 Mhz Pentium with 256 Mb RAM and it works even smoother there.. I can scratch how much I want without the other song skipping or lagging on me and I can basically push Atomix to the limit (2 320kbps-tunes at +33% pitch with TimeStretch enabled and with 3 simultaneous effects on both of them and still it works OK..
I recon it won't record that well during such circumstances as I have my OS (Win2000 pro), Atomix and all my MP3's on the same physical disk and it may not be able to handle both speedreading 2 mp3's under pressure and writing a third one at the same time..but the audible output isn't a problem though :)

geposted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 4:55 pm
Cheers...

I sold my "real" record decks a while ago and now I really miss mixing..

CANT WAIT to get home :)

geposted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 5:01 pm
Hehe.. I did the opposite: started playing with Atomix and now I'm hooked for life and will probably get a real set of decks if an oppotunity presents itself 'cause mixing has become a part of me thanks to Atomix.

I'm a bit curious as to how I'd do on a real set of 1200's but the only one I know who has a pair of those is a hip-hop-freak and hasn't got the music I'd like to mix :)

geposted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 5:05 pm
The hardest part about mixing is the basic principles.

Once you have the grasp of getting the BPM's identical and got a decent idea of bars and breaks its all plain sailing.

Took me a while to go from decks to PC at first so I think you would be the same.

Its nice to have a "hands on" experience with real records though :)

geposted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 5:20 pm
One other quick question...

Is it possible to play the main output through front spk's and monitor through rear?

geposted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 5:46 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yes if you have a 3d soundcard although i dont think this option is available in the demo

stu

geposted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 6:43 pm
Nope, that's correct... it only works in the full version.
But in that version it is possible to use the rear channel of a 3D-soundcard as your monitor ouput.

geposted Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 12:09 am
What an Ass, your using a cracked version of PCDJ, they skip by design if you use any of the cracked serial codes for PCDJ floating around the net. What A JO you are, try supporting the industry next time. you may not like PCDJ, fine, but it's still part of a much bigger movement....be part of it,

geposted Tue 08 Oct 02 @ 9:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)