Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJ Console / poor sound quality

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I recieved my hercules DJ Console Today, hooked it up and was all excited. After I finally got vdj to work (error 16, invalid serial number error etc) I was glad to see the controler work... untill I checked the sound.
It was awfull....cracking like hell. I first though it was the headphones out wich was not much of quality, but the main output sounded awfull also. I tried other software and they all work fine with descent audio quality. I used winamp to play a song... all ok... started VDJ... bye bye sound quality :-( Trying all the above I assume this is a software error. I installed dx9 and the latest patch for vdj.
(v.1.07)
What could be wrong ?

geposted Tue 09 Dec 03 @ 8:10 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
sounds like software error to me as well. When I got mine, I had no problems with it. The VDJ I got didn't ask me for a serial number either.

geposted Tue 09 Dec 03 @ 8:44 pm
All good here too, soundwise. Im getting the same install errors (particulary code 16) when trying to install the demo of 1.07b full. The hercules shipped version works fine, but i really want seperate outputs for each deck to be able to use an external mixer.
How did you get it working in the end?

geposted Wed 10 Dec 03 @ 2:08 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Buy the full version.

geposted Wed 10 Dec 03 @ 3:43 am
Mmmm looks like I'm going to reinstall my sys with no soundcards and only use the console. Perhaps that might work ... But I find it real strange that any other app is working ok and when starting vdj the sound goes bad, even playing sound (like winamp stated above). To be continued...

geposted Wed 10 Dec 03 @ 9:44 am

geposted Thu 11 Dec 03 @ 12:21 am
jpearnHome userMember since 2003
Yep, had the same.

What it is, is the power output on your USB port is not enough to run the Console. Hence the 'wavering' of the sound and crackles. Just like on a 1210 + mixer if you turn the lights on and off in the room. You need a powered (half decent) USB hub or nothing else on the root hub (PC) bus.

Buying the 'full version' which has exactly the same code but modified for the OEM usage, will do nothing for you. DJ Rick, do some research . . .

Jason.

geposted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 12:36 am

Forgot to add, what the D & B tune you were playing in the sample ?? !!

I know the Auto BPM freaks out on anything greater than 120 BPM, so you must be tapping away to build up your track DB !!

Jason.

geposted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 12:50 am
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Also got this error after 1 hour of use - had played around with settings etc. and i found the solution, at least to MY cracking noises..
When the Hercules is in "DJ" mode this appears when "aux 5-6" are not muted, and sometimes also when "headphones 3-4" are not muted. Try to only have 1-2 active in the sound setup to remove this awful cracking! If I'll go for virtualDJ 7/7b std. there must be an option to have 1-2 + 3-4 active to run it with an external mixer.

Anyone here doing hercules+VirtualDJ full+mixtable?? (WITH hercules as sound source..)

I was first introduced to this noise when i installed the OTS package from the Hercules cd, chose wdm-drivers/standard in setup - and it activated channels 1-6 in the hercules setup...

At least my Hercules seems built the right way, none of the mechanical or comm. errors described in posts in this and other forums ;o)

Good luck!

geposted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 2:29 am
Hi m8,

What other forums have you been on ??

It could be a loopback problem thru the WinXP mixer, or similar. But I did try muting everything.

The OTS does the same thing, it 'utilises' the console and activates all functions, instead of leaving the functions frozen.

So it would be all about the +5v and how WinXP or Win2K manages it.

geposted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 2:38 am
Sorry to add, I've tried over and back the USB ports from my Mini-itx, laptop (Toshiba 5205-S703) and Shutle SG61 with (GB 400 RAM ext.))

My result is the Shuttle is the winner. However, my laptop, p***es over the rest. The Shuttle is just a perfomer, nothing else.

Jason.

geposted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 2:48 am
[quote]
jpearn :

Yep, had the same.

What it is, is the power output on your USB port is not enough to run the Console. Hence the 'wavering' of the sound and crackles. Just like on a 1210 + mixer if you turn the lights on and off in the room. You need a powered (half decent) USB hub or nothing else on the root hub (PC) bus.

Buying the 'full version' which has exactly the same code but modified for the OEM usage, will do nothing for you. DJ Rick, do some research . . .

Forgot to add, what the D & B tune you were playing in the sample ?? !!

I know the Auto BPM freaks out on anything greater than 120 BPM, so you must be tapping away to build up your track DB !!

Jason.

[/quote]

jpearn,
thanx for your reply... but the USB thing can't be true.
I've bought a separate 4 ports usb 2.0 controller with only the console attached to it. Also only the vdj program produces this error...none of the other software. Weird huh ? I don't know if its normal but my leds flashes very rapidly (like a 50hz tv screen) when I use anything on the controller... Anyway...all the programs work...vdj fails :-(

Buying the full version will help for me , cause then I can use my normal sblive soundcards and dont need to audio-wire the console. But still it should not happen.
The problem remains.... and I wonder why no-one of the vdj crew respons :-( (besides rick saying buy the full version...lol wich I will if you fix this problem )

The song is Dj Klippa - Rolah Kosta
http://www.drumnbass.be/

And I don't use the BPM Counter .... I do it the hard way =)

@ DjLars.... tried your method... no succes :-(

geposted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 9:17 pm
Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you, it's not a "turn-key" fix for me either..
Just booted the machine, all muted xept 1-2, an the crackling - like a scratched 33 vinyl - appeared at the very moment i started the Hercules version of vdj.

Disconnected the usb from the machine, waited a few seconds and replugged. Started vdj, and all was fine. Enabled channel 3-4 to get headphones through console output, still no crackle..
Added som new tracks, and got over to this pc while Lenny started playing, and I noticed severe "pumping" of the sound - this was quickly located to vdj's "limiter" & "autogain" functions.

Disabling the autogain causes my vdj to STARTING an erratic gaining of the mp3's - from +2.5 up to +7.7, saturating signalpaths and causing severe clipping!
Experienced the same with the demo version installed on this pc, thinking it was only a bug, protection or limitation on the demo..
--->>> Nyone else having these problems??

I'm now using the console on a nForce MB's integrated usb.
Internal sound, midi & game disabled.
Have tried a separate NEC usb2 card to test latency differences, but it behaves exactly the same.

Config :

MSI K7N420 Pro MB, latest bios
Using internal GeForce graphics, 32MB buffer and 256MB aperture.
nForce networkinterface enabled.

AMD XP2400+ / 2Ghz
2x256 MB DDR (dual memorybus config)
Seagate 60GB bootdrive master
Plextor 52x cdrw as slave
Seagate 120 for music, alone on secondary channel
Win98se - 98Lite.com "cleaned", no internet explorer, desktop themes or other unecessary items.
VDJ 1.07b, Hercules oem, Mixstation SV_04 ver 2.1 (not pro) skin.

Have other machines with w2k & xp on them, havent tried the console on these yet - got the console just yesterday ;o)

geposted Sat 13 Dec 03 @ 1:21 am
Just removed console program, otsjuke, vdj, registry settings and leftovers in program files, readded the usb 2.0 card, disabled internal usb, reinstalled just console drivers and vdj.

After several reboots, power downs etc. I've not been able to reproduce the crackling sound...
Now all channels (1-6) are active in "dj-mode", and just the ordinary vdj problems are left, autogain, limiter, and strange "trainwreck" "automix" transforms...

geposted Sat 13 Dec 03 @ 2:39 am
nope....don't work :-((

Any other suggestions ?

geposted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 7:09 pm
i've the same problem... vdj team have nothing to say????

geposted Sat 14 Jan 06 @ 6:58 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
rafaelrolo69,

Did you notice this is a 2003 post (Wrote in DIC2003)??? Today we DON'T have this problems. The version this guys are talking about is VDJ 1.7...

What is your SPECIFIC problem so we can help you.

geposted Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 7:06 pm
error 16 help

geposted Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 11:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)