Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I'll pass...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I was originally excited about AtomixPRO but then I heard the price and said "Wait a tick. Wasn't the purpose of this to make us Atomix users look more professional? Well for the price they are asking for, I could buy one hella good mixer that would make me look even MORE professional than this thing." Also, I expected a better deal for already Atomix users rather than just cutting the price of the software. I'm not complaining because I can't afford it, I'm complaining because there isn't a practical reason to spend this much on the controller.

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 3:06 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I don't think the Atomix team has raised the price, I think they payed quite a bit themselves for it.

DJ Homeboy

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 3:36 am
Numark are charging a considerable sum for the controller...

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 1:39 pm

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 1:43 pm
Hmmmm... I know that Atomix had to alter the controller to work with the software but did it really cost that much? I'm thinking that the deal with Numark wasn't handled too well.

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 2:11 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That controller is for the visiosonic software "PCDJ". I don't think it will work with Atomix. The controller had to be changed to be compatible with Atomix.
I agree that it looks like Numark has really bumped up their profit margin on this one at the expence of Atomix users. It's too bad really. If it were reasonable priced, I would have definately considered it.

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 3:14 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
I'm not flaming or encouraging the price of the Atomix controller... I'm adding my professional design engineering opinion on what has happened.

In all probability the changes required would be firmware (software written for hardware). Where I work, when we make customised changes for distributors we either tie them down to a guaranteed number of orders or get them to pay the development costs up front.

For this example let's assume that Numark has a contract with Atomix to purchase 100 units per annum. At the US$230 margin per unit (assuming that the price quoted above is standard retail) say half goes to Numark and half to Atomix (there has to be something in it for Atomix). This equates to US$11,500 per annum for Numark for what appears to be a few months work. This is not entirely unreasonable at standard programmer rates.

If Atomix paid the development up front (a more financially risky position for Atomix if the controller doesn't fly) they could possibly be paying about the same amount for Numarks time which then has to be amortised across the units... hence the cost of the controllers.

PS - These numbers are educated guess work and I may be well off the mark... just saying how I read it.

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 11:29 pm
Could this possibly mean there is a chance the price may come down if it does fly? An odd position because that means someone has to pay this price to make it fly.

geposted Wed 15 May 02 @ 11:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)