Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP and Extigy is anybody using this?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I want to know if anybody is using this setup. I am thinking of buying the full version, but I want to know if anybody has had any problems with Atomix recognizing the Extigy and configuring it right. I will be going to an external mixer. I need to know if it will actually get the channels correct. Left front to left front right to rigght etc.

I had been playing with PCDJ and it is full of bugs on XP. It also keeps putting the left channel to the right and has phasing issues. To many headaches and money to go PCDJ.

So I am turning to Atomix to see if this can work without the headaches. What about this issue I have read about with Atomix trying to use the net and not opening without a connection? I will be using this at a club and can't connect to the net there. Will this be an issue too?

I also want to say thank you to Yan for all the support he has helped me with this far.

Aaron

geposted Tue 28 May 02 @ 4:23 am
roryHome userMember since 2001
Hi Aaron

I'm using Atomix on XP with an external mixer and it is running pefectly. The connection thing at startup is just a check to see if you have the latest version of Atomix. If you are using 2 soundcards, make sure at least 1 of them is a PCI soundcard. You will not have any conflicts with your IRQ settings, cause they look for the next avalible IRQ. Also if you are not using 2 PCI soundcards you will get a delay and may sound as if you beats are not in sync. just shift to the left or right until its perfectly matched.

What I'd recommend is AtomixMP3 running on XP, with 2 PCI soundcards (such as Soundblaster Vibro), if you intend on using an external mixer.

anyway ciao
rory
104.5fm
uct radio

geposted Tue 28 May 02 @ 10:16 am
@ rory: what about his Creative Extigy then? I only have the demo so I haven't had the chance to fool around with split output but the Exitgy is one single unit (=no delay-problems) and has 5.1/3D capabilities so the 3D-option should work..
or do people have problems with the 3D-card configurations available in Atomix?
Not biting anyones head off, I just want to help aaronmr2 get all the info he's asking for so that he can make the right decision :o)

geposted Tue 28 May 02 @ 2:04 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
I've got an Extigy and Win XP, works great here. Front channel and back channel have the same latency and volume.

geposted Tue 28 May 02 @ 8:22 pm
ATOMIX IS BETTER THAT PCDJ SHIT, YOU CAN USE HEADPHONES INATOMIX AND CHANGE SKIN AND ECEN SCRATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geposted Tue 28 May 02 @ 11:33 pm
@ anon : why thank you for that informative post..
just like we hadn't figured that out already?? :o)

I've seen PCDJ upclose in a local club and there seems to be some SERIOUS reliability problems with that software..several unexpected silences every frigging night.. so a few skips that seems to be the worst happening with Atomix is pretty OK :o)

..oh, and just so you know, there's a key on your keyboard labeled Caps Lock, try using that one ONCE so that you don't look so desperate for attention :o)

geposted Wed 29 May 02 @ 9:46 am
roryHome userMember since 2001
hey, i must be honest i have never tried the 3d soundcard option. i use 2 x soundblaster vibro soundcards. it might be best just to get a new soundcard, cause they not that expensive. you don't need the best soundcard for atomix. when you get 2 soundcards play the same track through both channels and ajust your windows volume until you are ahppy that they are the same... then let atomix do the rest.

ciao
rory

geposted Wed 29 May 02 @ 10:52 pm
I have 2k and extigy ....and i no have problem ...atomix work fine with mixer and no mixer ...

geposted Thu 30 May 02 @ 3:33 am
Wow guys, you suprise me,

PCDJ is in Ministry of Sound in London, in the Megaplex in Malaysia, and in LA Espania in Ibiza. It's used by Nicky Holloway, David Slowley (AKA streetboy), Rabbit in the Moon, and LTJ Bukem......if you know these guys, they play for thousands. It's damn reliable, if you know something about windows, and maintenance of your system. It's very resouce friendly, so that can't be the issue. I run PCDJ in a 2,000 compasity club near Tampa Florida, every friday night, glitch free for a year and half. I've opened up for Rabbit in the moon twice...for crowds of 10,000+...totally and completely in controll with PCDJ.

the Extigy also works flawleslly with PCDJ under XP. You don't use SB live mode, that would cause problems. SB live mode is for the older SB live card series...but there new Extigy and Audigy use WDM driver. PCDJ supports this in multichannel mode. Set to multichannel mode and workmode 5 (for external mixer), and its rock solid. This card is used by Nicky Holloway on his laptop system. I have a back up system that uses it.

I suggest you guys read up on PCDJ a bit more, it's way more in depth with usable features in a live mixing environment next to Atomix. the manual is somewhere on their site.

good luck

geposted Tue 08 Oct 02 @ 8:42 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)