Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: why so little user interaction for such a popular program ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ive got to wonder why these forums are so dead. Seems that the only thing that gets a responce from anyone is if someone post without registering, they get 5 people demanding they register. Thats all fine and good and i know where they are coming from, but aside from that whys it so quiet ? I know that sometimes alot of the same stuff gets posted over and over, but even still.

I dont know exactly how many users atomix has, but im sure its way more than most of the other programs out there, and yet it feels like theres maybe 30 users tops. Im pretty disapointed that not one person contacted me in regards to the possiblity of getting some sorta record poll going. Maybe it might be a longshot but you'd think at least one person would want to try.

Music is my life, its the underlying basis of everything i do really, the one thing im most passionet about. Atomix figures into that since its the way i interact with the music i love and share it with other people. I feel excited to be using such a great software, and think of myself and atomix users as a pioneer on the forefront of a new style of dj'ing thats easier, faster and also gives the potential for new styles of mixing that people havent heard before. I love hearing about peoples gigs with atomix, their ideas for new mix tricks, talk about what songs and styles are popular with the crowd in a given area, discussing feedback on a new feature someone suggests and as a group maybe fine tuning the idea into something that we can look forward to in the next version.

Does no one out there share these feelings with me ? I also do a bit of music production and the producer forums i read and post on are always jumping, a few post will be added by the time i even finish my responce to a post and its great, those people are so into making music. They dont share ideals all the time, sometimes are immature and childish but even thats better than nothing. Is that it maybe, that post about how turntables are better, other software is better etc, are those deleted ? I hope not cuz i think its great to see peoples thoughts on whats best and what works for them, helps me realize my own ideas and sometimes we can take stuff from what they are saying and maybe improve atomix in some sense.

One thing that would be nice is that if we could not only count the replies to a post, but also the times its viewed. If i post an idea and no on responds id like to at least be able to know that its been read so many times.

Well end to this rant but seriously, lets start coiming together and bring these forums back to life.

geposted Mon 22 Jul 02 @ 7:17 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There was a lot... (perhaps too much) activity in this forum prior to, and just after the release of version 2.1. The last release was just so far and away better than the previous versions, besides the occassional skipping question, people seem to have been left dumbfounded. I get the distinct impression that the team is not actually resting on it's past success either. I believe in the back of my mind that they are busy working on ways to make an excellent program even better. Once the next level gets to the beta stages, the furoms will light up like a christmas tree. I work with Atomix at least 5 times EVERY SINGLE week. Believe me, there were planty of suggestions to make and lots to talk about prior to the release of 2.1. Now all the whining and complaining has essentially stopped. People stop in browse the forums, find the answers they seek, and sometimes post a message about how good the software is... but really the complaining has essentially stopped. I's day the lask of posts could be considered a good thing. I think most of us still browse on in a couple times a day... if there's a question posted that we can help with, we do. Otherwise, I think everyone is forming in their minds what the ideal additions to this program could possibly be. Whenever I think of something I toss it out in the wish list forum. Otherwise, I go along just very very pleased with this software and it's developers.
I think the reason that everyone jumps on someone who may be using a crack or pirated version, is that they hate to see the authors of this program having to waste their talents trying to think of new and creative ways to avoid having their product stolen. The price is so reasonable, that anyone who is using it can afford it. If you are using it to make a living like I am, it's just plain stupid not to buy it.

oh well, there's my rant added to yours.

geposted Mon 22 Jul 02 @ 8:53 pm
i agree with ya impressions.. that's kinda my thoughts too. but it's still nice when there's more activity.

phatty720
dave

geposted Mon 22 Jul 02 @ 11:50 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I look forward to reading posts in the forum and agree that lately it has been a little slow. Maybe its time for another beta test !!

.:DJ Homeboy:.

geposted Tue 23 Jul 02 @ 12:30 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I still check the forum daily, its a great knowledge base and really useful for all of us not just the newbies, During the beta testing of 2.1 it was highly active as bugs and problems were ironed out. It just goes to show what a good job the team did in listening to its users and getting it all working so well.

A quiet forum usually means happy customers !!!

Happy mixing

STU

geposted Tue 23 Jul 02 @ 12:11 pm
I like to post but with all the masturbation I do, I don't always have the time.

geposted Tue 23 Jul 02 @ 11:34 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
the forums are quiet because everyone is busy mixing :P

-nate

geposted Fri 02 Aug 02 @ 4:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)