Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MP3 Files - Where's The Music

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

aknit44Home userMember since 2002
Hi guys.

I would like to ask any of you who might know why some people share MP3s that have no audio with them.

On many occasions I have found countless albums, singles and remixes on the many of the common peer to peer networks, with music that is the full track length, but with 3 seconds of music and 60 second breaks, or even no audio at all. I wonder, when somebody encodes a CD to MP3, doesn't he sample the file before he loads it or shares it?

And what's worse, is it only takes one person to share his collection, and then the whole network will have a copy of his work, which means it may take a while before a decent copy of the song is ever available, as the dead file will always circle the Net first.

I know we are not obliged to share our collections, but for some of us that do, we feel others deserve the quality that we ourselves look for. It's a shame that some members may share dead files, let alone low quality ones.

geposted Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 2:24 pm
This is all part of the record comapnies attempt to "get back" at the MP3 community. Theses files are being shared by companies, not an individual.

I was reading about it the other day in a magazine.

Basically they are trying to get people out and buying the cds from stores to get the full tracks.

There running out of ideas!

dj dawson uk ;)

geposted Thu 01 Aug 02 @ 2:40 pm
I'd, at one point, given that idea some thought, and when you mention it, the possibility becomes even more apparent.

I mean, there are times when you download a file and it's looping the chorus from start to end. It doesn't make sense why an MP3 lover, like ourselves, would go through the trouble to encode a song like that.

I doubt there's much we can do for that at this time.

geposted Fri 02 Aug 02 @ 11:11 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you download such files dont delete them. Rename them by adding on something that identifes the file as being bad. Say you just downloaded "Original Song Title.mp3" and you realize upon listening that its one of those flakey ones. Rename it to "Original Song Title - (CORRUPT FILE).mp3"

Now, when someone does a search and finds that "Corrupt File" mixed in with others of the same file size and bitrate, they'll know to avoid it and the others and instead download a different sized/bitrate file.

Grimm

geposted Sat 03 Aug 02 @ 4:04 am
Sounds like a good solution, though temporary, as there are many of these files on the Net now. This could mean tons of space.

I think this would be a good idea until we find a more lasting solution.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 02 @ 8:32 am
just those crappy money grabbing record companys!!!!

geposted Sat 03 Aug 02 @ 10:50 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)