Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Unlikely but would be cool.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm thinking that the software is really nice but wouldn't it be amazing if they threw in some corresponding hardware? I'm talking about a mixer that you could hook up to your PC via USB or something and you could control the program from there.

geposted Mon 14 Jan 02 @ 11:59 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
That's already asked a lot of times. Can't the team implement calls to the Numark USB controller? you can buy it in any DJ shop. It would be great to have a "real" control, because sometimes working with a mouse isn't fast enough, and shortcuts aren't that a good solution I think.

Greetz, ikke

geposted Tue 15 Jan 02 @ 9:23 pm
A very good idea. AtomixMP3 should join forces with Numark and make an powerful affordable controller. PCDJ Digital was just a stupid move from Numark. If this happens then AtomixMP3 will no doubts be a leading software.

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 4:40 pm
maybe ... maybe ... it would make atomixmp3 more expensive ... and not all the buttons from the controller would be used for controlling the software and vice versa ... maybe in a year or so ... but that would mean a recoding and reprogramming of atomixmp3 i think ... correct me if i'm wrong ...
greetz, Dj T-Bone

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 7:00 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Dont think it has to be reprogrammed from scratch. Just implement the right USB interrupt functions (as if it's a mouseclick). Another nice controller: www.finalscratch.com It's really greaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

Greetz, ikke

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 9:29 pm
Funny stuff,

Here in the states, PCDJ is well recognized as the leading software product on the market. Atomix really pails in comparison if you check the feature lists. PCDJ runs rock solid on 400mhz celeron...stable as hell. Atomix has a long way to go to catch up with any of the professional compitition. When I look around these boards, I can tell this is a consumer based product...which it looks and acts like. I know many top acts...such as Nicky Holloway, Rabbit in the moon, Kerri Chandler, LTJ Bukem,...that use PCDJ for 100% of their gigs. In all my travels, have never seen Atomix pumping at a club or on the radio. You should possibly look threw the REd manual and see what you guys are really missing...

all the same, wish you the best of luck with your tool of choice.....

geposted Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 6:39 pm
PCDJ sucks, we had a dj for our wedding-party and he was playing with PCDJ but believe me, I easily beat him on skills with Atomixmp3.

geposted Sat 26 Oct 02 @ 12:32 am
Before I upgraded to 1Ghz P3 I was running atomix on 266 celeron overclocked to 383 and it ran rock solid so there's no point in arguing that PCDJ is a better product regarding min pc spec functionality....
I feel that the only reason that PCDJ is so successfull is because of Marketing...
This costs money......Lots....and I'm sure that loads of "name" DJ's have gotten their copies of PCDJ for free with a few ??bucks thrown in to endorse the product...
The approach that ATOMIX developers have chosen to follow
(teamers promoting the product clearly isn't working...Iv'e still
not seen the program mentioned in any of the DJ/club mags that I occaisionally buy (depending on quality of free covermount CD) here in the U.K DJ , Mixmag, Ministry,Muzic ect even the freeware (ace) hummingbird app was reviewed very favorably last year in DJ mag....
I've tried all the other DJ apps out there on my machine. and I only use TRAKTOR for calculating BPMs of the brakebeat stuff that atomix can't manage.. I only DJ with ATOMIX and so I registered my copy...
I use Audigy soundcard and real mixer with no probs....A hardware controller would look nice on my desk but not really necessary...VST pluggin compatibility with MIDI control would be AWESOME!!! but I've got a KAOS Pad for now and I'm happy

geposted Thu 31 Oct 02 @ 1:49 am
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
PCDJ is nice, but it's like running two winamps with a pitch control. Sure, it's rock solid, but that's because it doesn't fucking do anything hard.

Stop trolling.

geposted Wed 06 Nov 02 @ 8:09 am
The dude that keeps pushing PCDJ should hook up with the owner of the company. Then he can marry him/her and have a lot of little PCDJ babies and live happily ever after. This dude obviously has nothing better to do with his time. Or it is a PCDJ teamer trying to convert Atomix users to PCDJ. This dude is nothing but a biatch azz herb.

geposted Wed 13 Nov 02 @ 8:32 am
for what it's worth, i DID look through the PCDJ Red manual. i also played around with the demo.

i only found a single advantage in comparison to atomix: PCDJ offers a more flexible way of organizing tunes (virtual recordcase with groups and subgroups; tunes can be in more than one group).

and these are the drawbacks:

-more expensive
-more confusing UI (matter of taste though)
-no time stretching, just pitch shift (HUGE drawback!)

concerning stability: with one of the soundcards i had, atomix did behave weird (producing annoying click sounds). but with the setup i'm using now, it's perfectly stable. and perfectly fast (no delays whatsoever). i don't see how PCDJ can possibly improve on that.

and is PCDJ as customizable as Atomix (skins/plugins/shortcuts)? i don't think it has user-definable shortcuts, not sure about skins and plugins.

geposted Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 11:04 pm
DJzEnHome userMember since 2002
I tried PCDJ (Red) and I think is AtomixMP3 much more fun and easy to use. PCDJ does not automatically detect BPM, so you have to wait a whole night (if u have a large playlist) for it to detect the playlist b4 u use it. It also does not work properly on NT/windows XP, and the bug fix doesn't work.
Its good points are it looks better, and is more technical but u can change the skin of Atomix (I have recently posted my 1st skin attempt, don't know if it will be accepted yet).

It is good to use Atomix for personal as it is easy & fun to use, but I would like to see some improvements e.g.
-plays automatically, skipping over songs it cant read (like winamp)
-minimizable browser/playlist etc to see more of the skin (like Winamp/Sonic)
-better graphics e.g. in "samples"
-more than 3 effects buttons, manual loop time setting,
-recording into MP3 format (like Sound Forge) to save space

If these things are added it would make a kick arse system.
Chill!
DJzEn.

geposted Sun 24 Nov 02 @ 5:15 pm
pcdj does automatically detect bpm ... pretty good even ...
but it's definetely NOT stable!
and it's a very simple program ...
it's good @ what it does ... playing mp3's ... but it cannot do much more ...
my 2 cents ...
the only treat for atomixmp3 is the new version of traktor ...
im' curious wat atomixmp3 2.2 will bring ...

regards

geposted Mon 25 Nov 02 @ 9:03 pm
I'm a registered PCDJ red user with a DMC-1 controller. Atomix still beats PCDJ Red hands down in real world DJ functionality. PC DJ has no real time BPM capabilities. It's auto sync does not work and it's cueing is slow and clunky. PCD works exactly like my old denon 2000F CD player that I bought back in 1993. It has no master tempo, just pitch control.

Atomix on the other hand works more like the new the Pioneer CDJ-1000's. It has scratching capabilities and its a breeze to cue. The cue feels almost the same as good old vinyl. The visual display helps a lot with mixing and feels as natural as looking at the grooves on a record. The only thing that Atomix is missing is real time VU and a good hardware controller, perhaps something like the new Pioneer DMP-555. Even with these shortcomings, Atomix coupled with a good mixer like the Pioneer DMX-500 is all you really need to mix in any club situation.

I now use Atomix exclusively at my gigs. If you do any type of beat matching, Atomix is the only way to go. Let's all hope for a good hardware controller.

geposted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 5:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)