Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: not new features, but improvements.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i've only used the trial version of atomixmp3, but i must say.

the pitch control sucks, and awfully distorts the sound at even +4. i doubt this is my sound card, i have an sound blaster live 5.1, and for more reasons check the next sentence. pcdj by visionsonic seems to have good pitch control (meaning it's obviously possible to make a better one). if you improve it, i'd be more than happy to buy it.

another thing, the EQ sucks. bass/mid/treble are all distorted, again, at even low increases. again, i doubt this is sound blaster live 5.1 or other possible problems because other EQ's (like winamp's) seems to handle increases (especially slight) well.

thanks

geposted Mon 11 Feb 02 @ 2:31 am
well ive used the trial on my C-Media PCI motherboard sound card, and it seems to work fine, try disablin the TIMESTRECH feature, this may help. Also i dont kno y ud need the eq to boost the sound. its better if u take a slight mid range cut and adjust the volume instead.

And if these dont work then i'm out!

:)

geposted Tue 12 Feb 02 @ 5:52 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Sound quality is much improved in the 2.1betas i've been using.

Turn off Master Tempo to have better quality sound, though the pitch will change this way.

The EQ in 2.0 sounded fine on my laptop built in card... but I have fairly decent speakers, it's really hard to make them distort

PCDJ by Visiosonic doesn't take advantage of the fact that it's on a bloody computer and it's archaic interface wastes time and makes DJing a chore.

geposted Wed 13 Feb 02 @ 2:21 am
ahh, disabling timestretch helped a lot! thanks!!

and i don't know where to disable master tempo, but thanks anyways

geposted Sat 16 Feb 02 @ 7:33 pm
you actually think that Atomix looks better then PCDJ? PCDJ has the best interface out of any of the players I have seen on the market. Very easy to make the transition from Decks to PCDJ. PCDJ is also designed to run with an external mixer and controller.....you would be 100% hands on this way. The on screen mixer is then removed...thus freeing up realestate for the recordcase and just the players. perfect interface this way in my opinion,

geposted Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 6:46 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Whats all this talk about pcdj, you guys don't have a message board to play on.

geposted Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 8:40 pm
That PCDJ-guy is really determined to put Atomix down...
The same nonsense on at least 6 topics.... okay we heard you the first time...
You've never seen atomix in clubs... well that might be because atomixmp3 is still a fairly unknown software

I think you're just pissed because he wasted so much money on PcDJ. Why else would you waste your time here in this forum.

- Jim Nordic

geposted Thu 24 Oct 02 @ 2:50 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'd sugest that perhaps you are going into the wrong clubs!

geposted Thu 24 Oct 02 @ 4:12 pm
wrong clubs? ANY club....

The $399 I spent on My DMC controller and PCDJ RED is the best DJ investment I have ever made. I am very close nit with many DJ's, never do I hear talk of Atomix. You guys openly bash PCDJ here on these boards.....can't you take some heat yourselfs? I don't see anyone down talking other products on the PCDJ boards.....could it be because they are comfortible with their tool of choice? and don't see a need to slander competition? Because they have the best.....

geposted Thu 24 Oct 02 @ 11:34 pm
*yawn*

geposted Sat 26 Oct 02 @ 12:28 am
I have used my Atomixmp3 with a high end Pioneer external mixer at a fairly big party with name talent in the line-up in NY USA. It was flawless and very hands on with the use of the mixer. I mixed from vinyl to my Atomixmp3 with ease. PCDJ might be great too. I don't know, I don't use it. I'm of the opinion that if its not broke , don't fix it. Atomixmp3 works flawlessly on my 700 Mhz 192 RAM PC with two soundcards. Why would I mess around with anything else when I know Atomixmp3 works perfect on my system? I don't want to chance putting an overly cumbersome program on my PC. I don't see how I could improve on the seemingly near perfection I have now. My sound is great. There is also no latency on Atomixmp3. Free updates. What more could I ask for? Go push Pcdj to people who actually care. Loyal Atomixers could give two shizznits about Pcdj.

geposted Sat 26 Oct 02 @ 8:25 am
Working a club that brought in a new system with pcdj installed, it was an older version, but crashed a lot. The newer version has lots of bells and whisltes, wich eats up a lot of proccessing power - if you have many to waste get it. I took the time to test virtually EVERY mp3 mixer on the market, and Atmoix wins hands down, we've used it in the club 7 days a week for over a year. NEVER CRASHED - and they have a cheesy 800 mhz celeron system... the price is right - I'm glad you guys are continuing to improve and support it - I told many djs about it at the mid american dj conference, and I will continue to do so.

geposted Sat 26 Oct 02 @ 8:50 pm
Atomixmp3 beats pcdj in every way.
But I wish the sound quality of atomixmp3 could get better.

geposted Sun 27 Oct 02 @ 12:27 pm
I guess it's important to stick with which tool works best for you, which is by far PCDJ for me all the way.

I have never known PCDJ to crash either. None of the DJ's I have talked to that use PCDJ (actually, the guys that got me into it 3 years ago) have ever had any issues either. The reviews I have read always talk about the solid stability of PCDJ red as well. But with computers, problems can come down to hardware issues easily.

To each their own, I just haven't seen beefy enough functionality in Atomix to step it up in the list of the current competition on the market,

geposted Mon 04 Nov 02 @ 7:17 pm
To anonymous:
Since you paid so much for PCDJ, I doubt you will pay another
$60 for atomixmp3. You should know that the demo-version
does not have all the functionality of the full version.

But either way...
I can't find any extra functionality in PCDJ that is going to
make me a better DJ. I tried PCDJ in a music-store, and I
was NOT impressed by its funtionality, nor its price.

But okay... Lets examine the features...
(features listed on PCDJ homepage)
...and compare them to atomixmp3 v2.1.1 (not the demo)

(PS! Team... please correct me if I'm wrong in any way.)

1. Instant Start
Songs start instantaneously in atomixmp3 by a click
of a mouse or a keyboard-shortcut
2. 2 Source MP3 Play
Wow! I got to have that. :)
3. Pitch change
Atomixmp3 got it!
4. Pitch Bend
Atomixmp3 got it! Shortcuts can be assigned to
bend the pitch.
5. Automatic Pitch Match
Atomixmp3 got it!
6. Ripping
No. But there are better programs for that.
7. Line-in Recording
No.
8. Virtual Mixer
Atomixmp3 got it!
9. AUTOMATIC GAIN CONTROL
Atomixmp3 got it!
10. DUAL CD SUPPORT
Atomixmp3 got it!
11. AUTOMATIC BPM EXTRACTION
Atomixmp3 got it!
12. CUE POINT CREATION (20 cues down to the last millisecond)
Well... Atomixmp3 got 5. Here I agree that
Atomixmp3 can do some improvements. Infos
and cue-setting
13. LOOPING
Atomixmp3 got it!
14. SAMPLING
Atomixmp3 can play samples, but they need to be
recorded first.
15. PASSWORD PROTECT
Who needs that?
16. CD - MIXING
Atomixmp3 got it!
17. GAIN NORMALIZATION
Atomixmp3 detects the gain of a song and can be
automatically normalized to the gain-level of the
other song.
18. AUTO PILOT TURNTABLE BRAKE
Atomixmp3 got brake effects.
19. SEARCH ENGINE
Atomixmp3 got it!
20. AUTO BEATMIX
Atomixmp3 got it!

I don't know about the rest of you guys...
but password protection, Line in recording, 15 more cues, and
ripping is in my opinion not worth those extra hundred bucks.
If these are features that you can't do without, by all means use PCDJ.

Something that also needs to be said is that not all the features are on the default skin nor the default shortcut-setup.

- Jim Nordic

geposted Mon 04 Nov 02 @ 10:33 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Plus, you didn't mention what Atomix has that pcdj does NOT have.

geposted Tue 05 Nov 02 @ 12:28 am
AtomixMpP3 beats PCDJ hands down.

The only category that PCDJ might beat AtomixMP3 is in the sound quality. But I doubt it.
PCDJ is not a software designed to take advantage of the full potential of a computer. It is a simple program that lets users play MP3 files and send mixes to external mixers.

I love people introduce good software to use that some of us might not be aware of. But PCDJ? That's a big joke. Please go somewhere else to sell your stuff. I would advise the moderator to delete these obvious spam messages whose writers do not even know what the word "propriety".

geposted Wed 06 Nov 02 @ 8:17 am
Right on Jim Nordic the only problem with Atomix is that it's not being marketed properly.....
Depending on loyal Atomix users to publisise and promote it to the DJ/club community plainly isn't working..
Atomix main claim to fame at the moment (IMHO) is that it's the best music app on the net that nobody has heard of...
Hopefully the MOS Nescafe promo will generate some positive feedback...but I doubt it..
I have full versions of Traktor... nice filters ( but very fiddly to use with real mixer and midi controller...very CPU heavy ... and PCDJ (crashes my system when I attempt to use it with SB Audigy).
After having played with them for a while ..I uninstalled both I use my licenced version of Atomix every day...

geposted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 12:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)