Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mix seems to jump or skip during recording?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've tried a few mixes and sometimes I get a skip in the music or a jump....like the mixer can't read it fast enough...any body else get skips or jumps in recording?
Is there a solution?

Jimi

geposted Fri 06 Jul 01 @ 10:48 pm
Give me an email if you know how to fix the above at:bigdoger@adelphia.net
Thanks in advance!

Jimi

geposted Fri 06 Jul 01 @ 10:50 pm
I have exactly the same thing happen to me, I am using a AMD k6 II 450 Mhz with 96 Mb RAM but it ain't enough.

I do not get the problem on my parents computer which is a AMD Athlon 1 Ghz 128 MB RAM.

The problem is due to a lack of processing power, my advice is to close all programs running including virus scanners, etc and anything in the taskbar. If you have been using a processor/memory hungry program make sure you restart the computer before using Atomix. You have to restart otherwise, even with the programs closed, you will still get skipping.

The problem is only evident to a large extent in recording because it has to be done in software mode, instead of hardware playback. It is self-explanatory, software mode uses the software and therefore the processor. Hardware mode relies more on the hardware for the music output thereby leaving some processing power to the program itself.

Or just buy a 1Ghz comp....

geposted Mon 09 Jul 01 @ 8:58 pm
hi,
i have a athlon 1ghz/256 ram/ 60g hard, creative soundblaster pci128 card and i still get the bloody skipping during recording with all the fire walls ect ect turned off, it,s driving me dam nuts......... your not the only one then !!!!!
shame to as i would love to buy it now but due to the skipping, i wonder if it is in the program it,s self !!!!!

geposted Mon 30 Jul 01 @ 6:06 am
I have 256 RAM w 1.3 ghz and 40 gig hard drive with nothing else running and I am having this problem too. I have Windows ME. If anyone figures out this problem please let me know. Thanks. tom.wolf@wmich.edu

geposted Mon 27 Aug 01 @ 2:26 pm
Does anyone know if this problem goes away if you convert your MP3's to WAV files before doing the recording?

geposted Tue 28 Aug 01 @ 2:05 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)