Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How many Mp3 files can the program handle???

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how many Mp3 files the program can handle? I have around 5,000 original Mp3's that I created. I am using a Maxtor FireWire 80GB hard drive (external) with a SONY laptop. I have another Maxtor Drive that I "backup" all of my Mp3's on. I've notice the program is slow to access the songs when I have alot of FOLDERS (Over 200) that the songs are located in. On my other drive I only have about 24 FOLDERS and it seems to be much quicker.

SHOULD I PUT ALL OF MY SONGS IN 1 FOLDER AND USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION or

CAN I USE HUNDREDS OF FOLDERS (One for each Artist)???

Can anyone help?

geposted Wed 25 Jul 01 @ 5:48 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
The more you have in a folder, the slower the directory will load in Atomix.
I recommend using multiple folders, by genre, and the search function.

geposted Sat 04 Aug 01 @ 12:56 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm using the exact same set-up... Sony Viao Laptop, and the 80 gig Maxtor FW HDD. I have just over 10,000 songs now in 25 ("A" through "YZ") directories. Never noticed any slowness at all from either the search view, or the playlist view. Biggest problem is if the firewire cable gets bumped, computer tells me that is has been unplugged, and the room gets real quiet real fast! Trying to figure out a way to fabricate some kind of support for that cable.

geposted Sat 04 Aug 01 @ 7:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)