Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: silly time !!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bought this pc with a creative soundblaster live ( ???? ),
card in it , but when i check my system summery, it only says creative soundblaster pci128.
is this the same or what , or is live another card ??
have i been stung ?

regards j

geposted Tue 31 Jul 01 @ 4:55 am
i think they are quite different. go to www.creative.com and find both products and compare.

geposted Tue 31 Jul 01 @ 5:10 am
alreaHome userMember since 2003
The two sound cards are different (pci 128 : polyphony 128; live polyphony : 64), Take care because one of the Atomix users bought his live 1024 withthe wrong drivers, those for the pci128. You can download the good ones at http://www.soundblaster.com/products.
Adrien

geposted Tue 31 Jul 01 @ 9:33 am
corePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Or maybe they just lied to you in the computer store.

geposted Tue 31 Jul 01 @ 10:15 pm
If in system summary it says that you have a SB PCI128 and there is no cross or exclamation mark next to it (indicating that it is not working) then it is most probable you have been stung. Open up the computer and take a look at the sound card. It may say what model it is on the card, or alternatively, just look at the size of the card and how many components are on it. I have a PCI128 and it is a very sparsely populated board, very simple. A live card, however, is quite involved and is usually quite large and has lots of components on it including big I.C.'s (microchips).

Try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, the computer should do it automatically and tell you what card it is, or at least it will tell you that the driver you are trying to install was not made for the card installed. That way you would know if it was a PCI128 or not. Tell us how you get on.

geposted Thu 02 Aug 01 @ 3:53 pm
jhp1Home userMember since 2001
thanks for your replays.
done that, it is PCI128 ( WDM ) yet in my sales reciept, it says creative soundblaster live.
me thinks i have been ...................

another thing, go into properties for creative soundblaster pci ( wdm ) there is something set at/as ..midi synt wave set,
it is at 2mb..can go up to 4mb, and to 8mb . what is it for ??

geposted Fri 03 Aug 01 @ 4:07 am
Done that, I have only the option for 2 Mbs. Got no idea what its for though. Have you been back to the shop to tell them they have supplied the wrong card, they *may* give you the proper card in exchange for the PCI128. Worth trying...?

By the way, anyone know what the WDM means?

geposted Fri 03 Aug 01 @ 11:30 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
WDM means Windows Driver Model, which means you're using Windows 2000.

the waveset size in Mbs' means the size of the MIDI sample set, or basically the quality.

geposted Sat 04 Aug 01 @ 12:48 am
jhp1Home userMember since 2001
no i am not. i am useing windows ME.
CONFUSED ? SO,M I !!!!!!

geposted Sat 04 Aug 01 @ 3:07 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)