Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Playing Atomix with 3000 Watt System!!!!! Need HELP

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

On friday, I attempted to do a live show using Atomix. I paid for the full-version that day, not knowing that it wouldn't work when I setup that night. Is it my soundcard? I used a SB Live! into an external mixer, but I got this odd feedback. I was told that it's because my soundcard couldn't handle the amplification. If so....how do you play live at loud volumes??

geposted Sun 12 Aug 01 @ 11:50 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
The soundcard normally only outputs at line level. You might wanna decrease the sound volume on the master out to 80% or so.
The mixer should have VU meters on it. Keep them under the red, cause otherwise the speakers will distort or even blow.
If you don't have VU meters, the master sound mixer at the club or wherever would have them :D, ask them what's a good level to keep it at. One would think you'd have a sound tech at a club to help you with that.

geposted Mon 13 Aug 01 @ 6:31 am
He said live show. Not club. Maybe it was a house party. Probably not a sound tech at a small venue like that.

geposted Mon 13 Aug 01 @ 2:40 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm using it with the standard soundcard that came with my sony viao laptop. Punching it into a club through a full bands sound system and mixing board, no problems whatsoever. Also using it with a standard DJ sound System... 800 watt amp through a mixer, again no problems. I'm aslo using it in another club where there are 3 amplifiers in line. It sounds great! Did you have a Microphone plugged in? I wonder if you were hearing some grounding issues instead of feedback? Are you running it through a mixer?

geposted Mon 13 Aug 01 @ 7:01 pm
I didn't have a mic plugged in...I was told by an audio person that it was my sound output. That my soundcard couldn't handle the amount of amplification. I don't know maybe it was grounding but the wires were all knew. I even tried 2 different sound cards, a PCI Thundering DIgital 5.1, and a SB Live! Both with the same issue. It went through the mixer...w/ out the mixer turned on there was still feedback!!

geposted Mon 13 Aug 01 @ 11:34 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
HHmmmmm I am NOT an audio guy, so this may not be totally correct..... as far as I understand unless you are feeding a bad signal, feedback is generally caused by an amplified signal going out through the speakers and then being picked back up (usually by a microphone) and then trying to be reamplified.... the amount of amplification required is accomplished by the sound card, preamped to the mixer which then can modify the signal and send it to the amplification device... amp or amps. Really, the amplification levels required, and your computers output are just barely related. I've noticed that the initial pre amped signal of the laptop that I use is just slightly lower than my DENON cd players. However, even at the lower level, the mixer has no problems bumping the signal up to the amplifiers. Are you sure that you were plugged into the line out, or headphone out on your soundcard? Are you sure that the audio guy you mentioned is at all intelligent, and did you have your windows master and wav volumes set to full? You didn't have any other device plugged into the line in did you? Good luck man!

geposted Tue 14 Aug 01 @ 6:28 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
You should set LINE and MIC to muted whenever not using them....

geposted Wed 15 Aug 01 @ 4:13 am
LeeTpaHome userMember since 2003
It would also help if you isolated the computer from the sound source .. sometimes a sound card will pick up external sound through conductive vibrations Like if you had your computer set up too close to a speaker or on a wood floor or stage.. you can set you computer on a piece of foam rubber and that mite solve it..

geposted Fri 17 Aug 01 @ 10:56 am
...and make sure you don't have any environmental sound effects on ! (adding reverb and chorus can ruin the sound output)

DJ Corpse

geposted Sat 18 Aug 01 @ 12:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)