Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Having problems recording using an external mixer.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

My PC is HP 700 mhz, 192 MB Ram, Win ME, my soundcards are SB Pci 128 and Crystal Audio WDM. I am recording using creative recorder. My recordings always have skips in them. I have tried all different recording settings. mono,stereo, different bit rates, and different Hz settings. All with the same results. Alot of skips. I shut off all programs running in backround as well. Usually the begining of the mix is fine. It starts skipping about twenty minutes into the recording. I posted this question before and Dave Ocean suggested I get more RAM. I had 64 and now I have 192. Same results. Is this happening to anyone else? This doesnt happen when I record in a soft mix using Atomixmp3's recording function. I wanna record using a mixer though. Its so much more of a quality mix that way. Someone pleeeeez Help.

geposted Sat 18 Aug 01 @ 2:34 pm
I'm doing this without any problem. But of course that's not of much help to you.

I think the problem is rather related to the configuration of - and peripherals on - your IDE ports.

What drives are you using ? Are they (U)DMA capable and enabled ? Are you writing to the same drive as where Atomix is reading from ?

I personally have the following configuration:
- reading from a hard drive on the secondary IDE port
- writing to a hard drive on the primary IDE port

Both drives I use are 'only' 5400 RPMs so nothing exceptional there.

Since last week I've got a dedicated Atomix PC though (only has an OS and Atomix and plenty of MP3s on it).
So I now play on the dedicated PC and record on seperate one.

Hope this helps.

DJ Corpse

geposted Sun 19 Aug 01 @ 8:05 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I had the same probs with the SB recorder and none of the settings I made solved the problem. Now I use waverec. It´s freeware and it works fine. You can find it at www.waverec.de.

mama

geposted Mon 20 Aug 01 @ 8:59 am
Thank you very much Mama. It was creative recorder that wasn't working. I downloaded waverec and it records just fine. It is in a language that is foreign to me, but i was able to figure out the basics.
Marc

geposted Thu 23 Aug 01 @ 3:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)