Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: idea for software change (jog-dial use)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I would like to introduce my idea to impove jog-dial use:

At this moment the jog-dial resolution stays the same after pausing one deck. So now when you prelisten to one deck on your headphones and pause it to rewind, you have to dial like mad to go back just 3 beats.

I think it would be better when you have to dial less to dial back to this beat.

Another idea is that the software could detect a fast backspin, same story here, change resolution.

This idea would be more diffucult to program, but the first idea should not be too complicated to program.

let me know what you think,

Bart

geposted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 5:15 pm
everyone keeps complaining about the jog wheel which isnt really a jog wheel infact it is more of a nudge control... look above the dial for the buttons noted "track" those are what you use to scan through the song!

geposted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 8:37 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
hey Buteskin,

I like your idea, it's true that it's a bit of a pain to go back 3 or 4 beats with the jog wheel.

On the other hand, for precise cueing, it seems like it needs to be that way (I don't want to loose the precision of the cueing).

As mentioned above, you can use the track arrows above the jog wheel to navigate back and forth in the track, but this is not adequate for just a couple of beats: one push on the back track arrow brings you back way more than that, and then you have to wheel away forward :)

I think your suggestion of wheel rotation speed detection is great if it's possible to implement. Otherwise, maybe some kind of console "shift" key for the jog wheel that would make it faster (e.g. the waveform scrolls faster if I hold the "headphone" button down while spinning the jog wheel).

Oh, one last think: if you put VDJ in 33rpm mode instead of 45rpm (in the settings screen), I think the wheel turns faster. I did it and it seems to work, but it's so subtle it might jusr be wishful thinking. the test is easy though...

Nicolas

geposted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 11:12 am
>> (I don't want to loose the precision of the cueing)

me neither but,
- turn slow -> be more precise
- turning fast -> speed up fast
would be possible i think

>> (e.g. the waveform scrolls faster if I hold the "headphone" button down while spinning the jog wheel)

that's a good one!
i like the idea to use the active deck headphone selection button for other things in the program, but for the jog-dial increase/ decrease i would prefer to see a clever script, mentioned above..

>> Oh, one last think: if you put VDJ in 33rpm mode instead of 45rpm (in the settings screen), I think the wheel turns faster

i just tried it, but i am sorry, but it's not true

bye now,
bart

boomboomboommmm...

geposted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 12:49 am
How can i download the timecode for cd? when I star to download just appears a imagen the volumen control ......to listen this. also Is the timecode from Serato o Tractor compatible with Virtual dj?

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 6:53 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

geposted Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 7:49 am
@carajo,
please stay on topic. If you have a request or question, please post it in an appropriate thread or create a new one.
Ewout

geposted Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 8:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)