Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Can someone help me?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Greetings,
I was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions for me (a dude getting started in his DJing career). It seems this art is different from the traditional form of DJing. The entire dynamics of the art is different (most likely because its a pc..). So, I was just wondering other then the normal scratch sounds, is there any way I can alter it? How/Where can I find background loops to go with possible songs that I could use in a MIX. Do you guys have any general mix tips? Do I have one song going and have another deck for song effects, the background music, etc. Any help, is good help, so help a brotha' out.

geposted Thu 16 May 02 @ 7:19 am
You're already on the right track: in order to alter the pitch of the background-loop(s) you have to use the other deck since the samples that you can load are static and can't be tweaked in any way.
I recommend finding some good background music that's loopable and maybe has a few cool effects in itself so you can adjust the effects as well to the BPM of the currently mixed tunes.

As for soundeffects there are flangers, echoes etc available on the add-ons-pages, I recommend downloading a couple of them and generally play around with the settings to see if they are of any use to you and if they would fit nicely into your mix... These effects alter the track playing in deck 1/2 but not the samples..

(The only use I can think of for the samples are as static, non-beatmatched, background noice or pre-recorded voiceovers, whistles and such...)

geposted Thu 16 May 02 @ 9:30 am
djaamyHome userMember since 2005
ei boy

geposted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 3:42 am
ei boy
hablas Espanhool

geposted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 3:42 am
Ustedes Podriam me muestrar lessons?

geposted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 3:43 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You really should read over this forum and Read!, and ask more specific questions once you've gained more knowledge.

You should enter a user name so we know who we're talking too, we're only too happy to help :).

geposted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 1:56 am
darkoHome userMember since 2005
This software is super.

geposted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 9:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)