Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Songs On Different Drives

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I currently have my songs on two different drives. They are not categorized at all. Once one drive was empty I started on the second one.

The problem now is that if I have one folder open in VDJ and I'm lloking for a song, I might not find it. That's because it's one the second drive (or folder if you will.)

Is there anyway to "combine" these two drives in VDJ so that I don't have to switch back and forth between drives/folders?

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 7:24 am
use the database search. Scan both drives, then the songs would be accessible on the database. You can also set the two drives as "Favorites", also giving easy access.

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 9:07 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If the two folders/drives are in your favorites, you can select one, and then select the second one and have the "ctrl" keyboard button pressed at the same time. this will make the search possible in both favortie folders at the same time.

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 6:20 pm
If spendind a little money is not a problem. You can get partition magic. It will allow you to combine the two drives into one logical drive or vice versa I believe.

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:11 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just do as Antileon suggests, and make sure you have "Database" highlighted when you search, rather than the particular drive. I have several drives and do it this way.
Also, it might help if you use the 'CTRL-F' shortcut because that will jump right to a the "Database" and position your cursor in the search box. Only time that doesn't work is if your cursor is already in the search box, in which case it just types in a weird character in your search.

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:32 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The must helpful is to ADD all your video and audio folders in the "Search Database". If you need something just type the song, or the artist (or something in the comment) to get it.

If you work looking in the folders to get some song... you may ADD the folder to your favorites to look it in the browser.

Antileon it's right.

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)