Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping (Already read sticky about it) - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi
I use vdj in a club 3 to 4 days a week and gotta
watch it like a hawk.gotta always have a cd loaded up as
a back up.The customers are used to it crashing already
but i keep using it and hope tech guys can get this baby
clean.I hope all of us can help and figure out how we can
solve these problems.I know this product is new and i beleive
in it,I will keep using it and having a laugh once and a while when it deceides to crash.Nobody should forget computers
crash,freeze...sht happens.Just be ready with a dual cd as
back up and your all set.So when it happens grab the mike
and announce an event or a special.Be creative!At least
when this baby goes it will loop most of the time so it gives youbout 32 beats before shutdown.Ample time to hit the cd
player and reboot.

here are my little tricks to prevent crashing
Keep your computer cool (small case with 2 fans inside for laptop)
If you loop both decks and use effects at the same time
make sure the effects are not conflicting
In live remixing i make sure not to use beatlock on only for quick cueing
When you use several loops in sample mode make sure the deck running is active so that they beatsync to that deck
Let the buffer load up if possible b4 using the tune
EQ from the mixer
Edit your song under 5 min
Set maw load 5min
Use your computer only for music get another for the net
Say a little prayer...;)
Good job on this software thats the bottom line!
This is still the best one out there so we will be patient..
Regards

DJ Andre Landry

geposted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 11:46 pm
Thanks for the tips Dj Andre L, I do agree it is one off the best software and for the price I get what I want. I did install service pack 2 I had the same problem, but this is a solution I tried used my HP recovery on the computer .I remove my Sound blaster 5.1 card and used only my Dj console card as default sound. updated the drivers for dj console from www.hercules.com. Install directx 9. downloaded new drivers for my nvidia video card,remove mcafee suite 6 and install zonealarm5 security suite. I refuse to scratch with the jog wheels and the console but I used the cue for the scrathing effect.I don't touch the beatlock, I used the head phone to set the pitch. I don't auto mix and I use the skin that looks like dj console and set my video to the same settings as the skin . Now I get a 60% improvement with virtualdj. only is gain and I crash after 75 minutes of playing. So its up to us to help the techs not techs allways helping us thankas guys

geposted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 2:24 am
Hi all,

I might have a little tip for everyone who's having skipping problems:

I am using VDJ for almost a year, had some troubles in the beginning, but solved them. I recently bought a new laptop (acer travelmate 8003) used it 3 times on gig without anyproblem. and guess what? on the 4th gig, i ran into skipping problems!

vdj started skipping while 1 deck is playing and the other deck is loading a song.

i found out why -> as you can plug the hercules console in differend usb-ports, Win-XP finds new hardware and starts looking for the right drivers. each time you plug the console into another usb-port differend from the last-used usb port, it will install new drivers. at the same time, if you still have the little green alien in your taskbar, check if it's set to advanced mode and KILL IT!

after i killed the little green alien, the skipping was gone. I think i can blame the hercules drivers to use double bandwith (as WINXP complains about usb-bandwith exceeded). i tried it a few times. just kill the little green alien.

i hope this works for ya

P.s: Coyote dj, introduce me sometime to those ladies of your bar ;)

geposted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 8:38 am
I've been using Virtual DJ for a year now. I had a few issues when I first started with the program but the program in compunction with the Hercules RM X interface has worked well for me. Until I loaded the recent upgrade v6.0.4.. I can't get the it to stop skipping. About every 90 seconds the program will freeze up stopping the track for a half second then it resumes playing. The pause is just long enough that everyone turns to see whats wrong. The program did this for 2 hrs last night

geposted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 11:53 pm
WOW this is an old one, LOCKED

geposted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 2:19 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)